UI Extension program offering seminars on computers
DANVILLE – The Vermilion County Internet Masters of the University of Illinois Extension program will present a series of seminars aimed at helping people become more familiar with computer and digital equipment use.
All classes are from 9 a.m. to noon on designated dates. The following classes are scheduled to begin in February:
– Computer Basics: Feb. 17 and 18. For the beginning computer user, find out about the parts and pieces of a computer, desktop features, the keyboard and mouse, all in hands-on exercises. Cost: $20.
– Computer Maintenance: Feb. 19. How to care for, personalize and service the computer monthly. How to change the desktop picture, add and delete programs, change the date and time display, practice using the computer's utilities such as defragmenting programs and disk cleanup as well as Internet security options. Cost: $10.
– Intermediate Computers I: Feb. 24 and 26. Learning to go online and e-mail, how to create an e-mail account, which provider to choose, how to attach pictures to e-mail. Cost: $20.
– Intermediate Computers II: March 10 and 12. Becoming more familiar with the Internet including understanding Web site addresses, good searching techniques, Web etiquette. Cost. $20.
– Wandering Through Microsoft Word: March 24 and 25. Becoming more familiar with Microsoft World including formatting and saving documents, justifying text, using the basic writing tools, inserting and manipulating picture. Cost. $25.
– The Digital Camera: March 21 and 28th. Basics of digital photography including different photo formats, downloading, organizing and tagging pictures in a photo program, saving and sending pictures. Cost: $25.
Classes are held at the UI Extension office, 12190 US 150, west of Danville. Registration is required and participation is not guaranteed until registration payment is received.
Call the Extension office for information or to register at 442-8615.