Trailblazing nominees sought Innovation Celebration
CHAMPAIGN – Sponsors of the annual Innovation Celebration – which heralds local entrepreneurs – are seeking nominees for eight awards to be given Feb. 25.
The fifth annual awards ceremony is scheduled from 5:30 to 7 p.m. that day at the I Hotel and Conference Center, 1900 S. First St., C.
Awards to be given include:
– Innovation Discovery Award, for those whose recent ground-breaking discoveries show great potential.
– Economic Development Impact Award, for those whose entrepreneurship has benefited the community economically.
– Longevity Through Innovation Award, for those whose sustained success is the result of innovation over many years.
– Social Entrepreneurship Award, for those who have used entrepreneurial principles to benefit society.
– Technology Transfer Award, for those who have successfully commercialized innovations.
– Student Start-Up Award, for students who have demonstrated entrepreneurial talent.
– Entrepreneurial Excellence in Management Award, for those who have demonstrated managerial acumen in building a business.
– Entrepreneur Advocacy Award, for those who have helped entrepreneurs in the community achieve success.
Nominations are open to the public and will be accepted through Feb. 15. An online nomination form can be found at the following Web address: https://illinois.edu/fb/sec/9549456.
Nominators should explain the nominee's accomplishments and detail what effect that person's entrepreneurial activities have had on the community. Nominations should be limited to 500 words or less.
The awards celebration is sponsored by the Champaign County Economic Development Corp. and several units of the University of Illinois, including the Office of Technology Management, the Office of Corporate Relations, the Technology Entrepreneurship Center, the UI Research Park, EnterpriseWorks and the Office of the Vice Chancellor for Research.