Prediction Standings and ILL-WISC Prediction

First of all, I want to congratulate the football team on an awesome game on Wednesday. The Illini came ready to play from the get go, and in return they earned a bowl victory in a season where most of us were probably hoping just to win a few games. The offense got the job done on the ground and through the air, while the defense looked like the one we saw the first half of the season. Baylor's offense was number 15 in the country, so yesterday's performance was just unbelievable. Way to go guys! We're proud of ya!!!

Following that was a nice victory on the court when the Illini got a Big Ten road win against Iowa. It might not have been by the margin I predicted, but getting a road win is always huge in conference, regardless of who you play. Let's hope that gives this team some confidence going forward. I didn't realize til afterwards that they shot 66.7% from the field, and 72.2% on three pointers. Good lord! Tough to loss when you shoot it like that. If they did this against Missouri, they would have won by 20.

PREDICTION STANDINGS

Had some newcomers before the Illinois-Iowa game and I just want to say welcome! Hope you guys enjoy the blog and participating. Since it's still early, some shuffling is taking place. In order to give yourself a chance to be on top, you got to keep up. I will try my best to keep up and hopefully you will too. Illinois beat the Hawkeyes 87-77, so it was Illinois +10 on the real score difference. Let's see the standings.

NAME

Lanphier
Iowa 67-62

illinibadger

Billybadi

Ed Bond

* - Real Score Difference Total

Looking ahead to Sunday...

MY PREDICTION

Illinois 75      Wisconsin 70

I think this will be a close game all the way. Wisconsin is always a solid team with Bo Ryan, and Illinois will have to be ready to go. I don't think they will shoot 70+% again from three, but I expect Illinois to have another solid game and go to 2-0 in Big Ten play.

What do you guys think? Will the Illini start a winning streak, or will the Badgers get things done at Assembly Hall? Let me know your predictions below.

I apologize for not getting this up yesterday. I got it started, then other things got in the way and I was unable to finish. Hopefully you guys still have enough time to submit a prediction.

Have a Happy New Year and I'll talk to you in 2011.

I-L-L...

Comments

Illinix4 wrote on December 31, 2010 at 12:12 pm

Illini 76 Wisconsin 71

As long as we can defend well against Leuer and Taylor and keep them both below season averages, I feel we should pull this one out. In order for the Illini to do that, Tis and Davis need, need, need to defend well and finish at the hoop.

Oskee-wow-wow!!

illichuck wrote on December 31, 2010 at 2:12 pm

Fightns 73

Sconsin 62

Gotta win all home games to contend for BT title

topot wrote on December 31, 2010 at 2:12 pm

Illini 77 wis 68 On our way to a 12 and 6 Big ten record

Sinned58 wrote on December 31, 2010 at 3:12 pm

its good to back home. ilini 68 wisconsin 61.

illinois52 wrote on December 31, 2010 at 4:12 pm

Illinois- 69

Wisconsin- 63

illini60139 wrote on December 31, 2010 at 5:12 pm

Illini 72

Badgers 68

penniless wrote on December 31, 2010 at 7:12 pm

hard choice===post play vs.no post play. WIS.77 to Illini 69

headiqe wrote on December 31, 2010 at 10:12 pm

Unfortunately, I see it being a close game and given this team's plaguing inability to finish close games and lack of killer instinct = WI65:IL61

However, if the hot shooting travelled with them from Iowa City to C-U and DJ can contain Taylor while the frontcourt puts forth a concerted effort to minimize Leuer and WI's offensive rebounding, the Illini could build a large enough lead to withstand the late-game ineptitude (taking the shot clock down to 5sec then forcing up a bad shot, missing free throws, forcing bad inbounds passes or throwing them directly out of bounds, drawing stupid fouls, etc.), thus allowing Illinois to squeak by = IL71:WI68

pblillini wrote on December 31, 2010 at 10:12 pm

Too much Leuer + too much Tisdale = Loss

Badgers - 67

Illini - 61

jweeks wrote on January 01, 2011 at 2:01 pm

ill 69

wis 63

Reillini wrote on January 01, 2011 at 6:01 pm

INI

Wisky-69

Illini-62

I just think right now Wisky is a bit better than us. A break out game for Richmond would put this team over the top on where they end up in this B10 race. I really hope I'm wrong Go Illini

tom2406 wrote on January 01, 2011 at 7:01 pm

ILLINI-71

BADGERS-67

This is a must win if we have plans of being in the top three in the Big 10

plaza21 wrote on January 01, 2011 at 9:01 pm

Wisconsin - 65

Illinois - 59

coach11 wrote on January 01, 2011 at 11:01 pm

Illinois 68

Wisconsin 59

JelaniBoline wrote on January 01, 2011 at 11:01 pm

Illinois 68

Wisky 57

Three-point shooting overcomes a 3-1 rebounding advantage for the Badgers.

walker wrote on January 01, 2011 at 11:01 pm

IT WILL BE A BATTLE TO THE END, BUT WE PREVAIL ON D MAC FREE THROWS DOWN THE STRETCH...Ill 72 WI 69

Lanphier wrote on January 02, 2011 at 6:01 am

Badgers-71

Illini-83

Ok ok man this is a hard one ....Which Illini team is going to show up?I guess it don't matter because the coach will remain the same!However I think Billy Cole is the go to guy this game ....this kid is on his game...smart player could match up w/ luer and w/ all the focus on Demitri, Cole can shake lose and nail the 3's....But I still worry that Brandon Paul will play w/ that LOOK AT ME attitude...I mean really its time for this high school boy to become a Div. one man, hair cut and all "note to Brandon:Time to grow up listen to the seinors and become a point gaurd its The University of Illinois not Brandon Paul U.Lets get D.J....Jereme....and The *the 8th wonder" Myers Leonard in the game....Nuff said sorry for the rant again....Go Illini

ps...Make free throws and move the 7 footers under the basket.....

Lanphier wrote on January 02, 2011 at 6:01 am

BTW....thanks for putting this board up...I really enjoys it...I can see that there is others out there who bleed Orange and Blue too...Lets face it I am a fanatic....I have a whole room dedicated to Illini...all the products autographed things including a Rashard Mendenhall Rose Bowl shirt (signed) a Dee Brown pic (signed) and really want that recliner lol.....Anyways thx again and as always Go Illini....Tim

wwalde869 wrote on January 02, 2011 at 10:01 am

Illini 68

Wis 58

Illini just need to shut down deblier.

Go Illini