I love the changes the accompany spring. Just yesterday, I put away my snow boots and transferred all my junk belongings from my big red purse to a smaller, wicker one. I pulled out a more brightly colored wallet, too.
In the last few weeks, I've started adding springy music to my iPod (another entry in itself - does anyone else make musical selections based on seasons?) and pulling out a few clothing items I haven't worn in months.
This may not sound like much (especially to those who don't understand the mentality shift that can accompany carrying a different purse), but thinking spring and enjoying warmer weather have really boosted my spirits.
And in honor of my favorite two upcoming seasons, spring and summer, I've made a list of activities and goals I'd like to achieve before the weather turns cold again. Here are a few things on that list:
- spend an afternoon wandering Allerton Park near Monticello
- get a bike lock so I can run errands without burning gasoline
-learn to throw a softball decently (I'll admit, I throw like a girl)
- try three new restaurants in Champaign-Urbana (any suggestions?)
-expend lots of steps during the Moon Walk challenge
- visit Urbana's
Meadowbrook Park - I've never been there
-make sure I get to at least three outdoor festivals, including the Taste of Champaign and the Arcola Broomcorn Festival (any suggestions for a third?)
- discover three musical artists
- write something fictional or creative (but not for the newspaper, of course)
- read "The Death of Ivan Ilych"
- enjoy live music
- go stargazing in the middle of nowhere
- host a barbecue
- ride in a boat
- see at least three fireworks displays
- visit Gibson City's Harvest Moon Drive In movie theater. It's a summer standard for me, but I never get sick of it
I like making these lists because I can refer to them when I'm bored. What kinds of things are you hoping to do when the weather is warmer?