Narrowing down blog title suggestions

Even after hearing all your great ideas for a new name for my blog, I'm still undecided. So I thought I'd lay out my personal finalists for you guys, and see what you think.

My mom jokingly suggested a name that my editor said I shouldn't write here (it rhymes with "Arts and raps," though) and my sister supplemented it with the brilliant idea of “Farts and Crafts.” I'm related to some really mature people.

Joking aside, though, my mom suggested “I Could Make That Myself.”

I also like:

• “Blonde Ambition”
  • “Handmade Champaign”
  • “Homemade in Champaign”
  • “Abode Extras”
  • “Starting from Scratch”
  • “Meg Making Do”
  • “What's Meg Making”
  • “She's Crafty”

I also combined several ideas for “Meg Makes,” which I probably like the best. Anyone have opinions on these? Or have other ideas?

Tags (1):blog

Comments

algon wrote on January 27, 2011 at 10:01 am

Come on, those suggestions are funny. And if you made one slight change and called it "farts and rafts", you'd have an anagram, or something close to it. You know I love a good anagram. Did you know Presbyterians and Britney Spears create an anagram?

How about Wreaths and Wranglings?

Meg Dickinson wrote on January 27, 2011 at 10:01 am

I like how Wreaths and Wranglings sounds, but what exactly am I supposed to be wrangling?

algon wrote on January 27, 2011 at 10:01 am

I don't know; keeping your new husband in line?

prairiegourmet wrote on January 27, 2011 at 11:01 am

Next time I see your mom, I'm going to give her a hard time. I thought I was the only one around her neighborhood that was immature.

My reasons for suggesting "Meg Making Do" or "Starting from Scratch" was that it not only reflects the type of projects in your blog, but also the beginning years of a marriage when there's never enough money to do many frivolous things, and staying within a small budget is a big issue.

I do like Meg Makes, too.

Meg Dickinson wrote on January 27, 2011 at 11:01 am

Yes, give her a hard time!

debis wrote on January 27, 2011 at 8:01 pm

Meg - You could play on your New initials - MD and be Dr. something or other!

News-Gazette Features wrote on January 28, 2011 at 9:01 am

That's a thought!

CF wrote on February 02, 2011 at 9:02 am

Meg Makes or Meg MD

Both cover the wide range of the blog since it isn't just crafts.

BTW I think your family is quite mature! :)

sahuoy wrote on February 03, 2011 at 3:02 pm

Essence-Inception-Creation, A's&C's. Ideas&Creations, Homemade-Dreams-Creations, Homemade, Meg's-Magic, ChampaignFromScratch, Red-Champaign, Green-Champaign, XTRA-Read-All-About-It (Then put title of art, craft, etc. here) as though the title of your blog changes with each new item or make a paper-boy character shouting "Xtra-Read-All-About-It as a blog symbol with the title of your latest art, craft etc as the title of the paper-boys reason for the Xtra or make it look like the name of your latest art, craft is what the paper-boy is shouting. A paper-girl shouting Xtra-Megs-Toy-Box, etc. ;D