How I made a wreath with an upcycled T-shirt and sola flowers
I totally hacked an Easter wreath last month, but I was in the mood to actually make one today, so I went with it.
I started with a straw wreath that had hosted a previous DIY treatment. I'd gotten sick of it and took it apart. I also wanted to use a pretty turquoise T-shirt that was too big for me to wear, and figured this was my chance to finally incorporate the leftover sola flowers from our wedding. (I ordered them from save-on-crafts.com in the fall of 2010.)
I read a tutorial about how to make T-shirt yarn in one long, continuous piece. I then totally messed up, but ended up with several T-shirt strips. Not the end of the world.
Using hot glue to attach them, I wrapped them around the straw wreath.
I used long straight pins to attach them to the wreath, and secured each side with a nice big blob of hot glue.
I also used hot glue to attach the sola flowers. I wanted them to adorn just one side of the wreath. They're so pretty that I wanted to keep the whole thing pretty simple.