– Medalist Amber Tsevelekos fired a 43 at North Greens to lead Blue Ridge to a 194-209 win against Olympia. Kristan Maxwell was second for the Knights with a 46.
– Medalist CHARLOTTE GOSS fired a 38 at Lake of the Woods to help Mahomet-Seymour defeat Centennial 184-195. The Chargers' Lizzy Dombroski shot 41.
– JARED ATHERTON's 39 helped Ridgeview to the team title at the Heyworth Invitational.
Landon Tolley, Senior, Paxton-Buckley-Loda, Football
Recently: Rushed for 149 yards and scored two TDs as the Panthers beat Iroquois West 29-8 to go above .500 for the first time in the past three years.
I can't wait to see ... "Last Exorcism."
I need tickets to ... Kenny Chesney.
DANVILLE — Football players on the state’s top-ranked class 6A football team are preparing for a Friday game just like they’ve done the past three weeks.
– CAMERON HARVEY set a course record (16 minutes, 15 seconds) to lead Sullivan/Okaw Valley to the Shelbyville Trail Invitational title.
– BRITTANY BOHN was fifth and TESSA HANLON seventh as Mahomet-Seymour placed third at the Lanphier Invitational. Urbana's MEGHAN HOUK was 16th.
MATTOON – St. Thomas More's Nathaniel Khachaturian carded a 70 Friday to tie for the boys' golf lead after the first round of the Mattoon Invitational.
Mahomet-Seymour, led by Seth Trolia's 76, was tied for fourth with St. Thomas More and Normal West in the team standings at 305. Barrington led at 293.
– ADAM BLACKMAN scored two goals and had an assist, leading Urbana to a 3-0 victory against visiting Charleston. JULIAN THRELKELD recorded three saves for the Tigers (5-1), who won their third in a row. MIGUEL FIERRO also scored for Urbana.
A look around the area prep scene:
– Salt Fork's MAT BOWEN fired a 1-under par 35 for medalist honors as the Storm beat Schlarman 160-238 at Blue Needles. Teammate DAVID KEENAN was second with a 36. Schlarman's JORDAN KING was third with a 43.