All Girls' Golf Content
John Tabb, Senior, St. Thomas More soccer
Recently: Set a school record with four goals against St. Joseph-Ogden. He helped the Sabers win the SVC tournament by scoring twice against Clifton Central and once against Watseka.
I need concert tickets to ... B.o.B.
If I had a million dollars, I'd ... go on a cruise around the world.
DANVILLE – Centennial's Peter Black tied for medalist honors, and Mahomet-Seymour claimed the team title Friday at the Viking Invitational at Turtle Run.
Black carded a 72, finishing in a three-way tie for first place. The Bulldogs (305), paced by Garrett Cox's fourth-place finish (74), topped the Chargers by 6 strokes for the crown.
– St. Thomas More clinched the title of the Sangamon Valley Conference tournament with a lightning-halted 3-0 victory against Clifton Central on Thursday at Gilman.
– AUSTIN HUNT was medalist with a 71 to lead Centennial to the team title at the second Champaign County Championship at Urbana Country Club.
The Chargers shot 300 to edge defending champion Mahomet-Seymour by 6 strokes.
– NATHANIEL KHACHATURIAN's 35 propelled St. Thomas More to a 17-stroke victory against Monticello at Stone Creek Golf Course. BEN DODDS shot 40 for the Sabers. DALY O'BRIEN paced the Sages with a 41.
CHARLESTON – It's not how you start but how you finish. That's one of the many lessons learned by Rantoul on Saturday night.
– LINDSEY TROIKE had seven kills and KELSEY CLELAND chipped in four aces as Tuscola beat visiting Arthur 25-12, 25-20. MACKENZIE SEIP contributed three kills, and SAM KOHLBECKER had 12 assists.
– Centennial opened its season with a 25-21, 25-22 loss at Lincoln.
– COLTON PARR scored three goals and JORDAN ROMO added another as visiting Salt Fork/Westville defeated St. Joseph-Ogden 4-1. BRODIE PIRIE added two assists, and NATHAN GEORGE made nine saves.
– LONNIE BARNES' second-half goal – his second of the match – lifted Centennial to a 2-2 tie against host Hoopeston Area. ANDY DRACKLEY finished with nine saves for the Chargers. BROCK RAMOS and MATT BENJAMIN scored for the Cornjerkers.