All Girls' Golf Content
Jordan Danzl, Salt Fork, senior, Golf
Recently: Medalist led Storm to its fourth Vermilion Valley Conference title in a row.
I need concert tickets to ... Green Day.
I'm dying to see ... "The Social Network."
I'm always texting ... Santa Claus.
If I had a million bucks, I'd ... invest it.
SCHLARMAN BOYS' SOCCER
Hilltoppers (11-6-1) capped a 5-0 week by winning their own tournament. All five victories were by one-goal margins. Schlarman's four tourney goals were by four different players.
– Centennial's LIZZY DOMBROSKI and Gibson City-Melvin-Sibley's EMILY SPANGLER were among those who tied for seventh with a 7-over-par 81 in the Chargers' John Macek Memorial on the UI Blue Course. The Chargers' MADISON WHITE tied for 14th place after firing an 84.
– EMILY SPANGLER of Gibson City-Melvin-Sibley shot an 84 to win medalist honors at the Heart of Illinois Conference meet at Weibring Golf Club in Normal. LeRoy won the team title thanks to an 86 from MOLLY MARCUM, who finished second.
– Centennial swept the singles matches and got doubles wins from the tandems of ALLISON HANSEN/MARIA MEARS and ANNE McNAMARA/TAYLOR BAILEY in an 8-1 victory against Normal Community.
Steve Schroeder, Monticello, junior, Cross-country
Recently: Won the Spartan Classic in dominating fashion, finishing 3 miles in 14 minutes, 56 seconds. That was 15 seconds better than second place.
I need concert tickets to ... John Mayer.
I'm dying to see ... "Without Limits."
I'm always texting ... my dad.
– IAN PARK contributed to all four goals as Hoopeston Area/Bismarck-Henning downed Georgetown-Ridge Farm 4-0. Park had two goals and two assists for HA/B-H (10-4-1).
– KATHERINE GRIMES had 13 assists and nine digs to lead Watseka to a 25-13, 25-20 victory against visiting Clifton Central.
– Centennial rolled to a 25-8, 25-6 victory against visiting Decatur Eisenhower behind LINDSAY ROGAN's 10 assists.