Browse by Category
Browse Classified Ads
NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING REGARDING A
PROPOSED MAJOR VARIANCE
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that the Zoning Board of Appeals of the City of Urbana, Illinois will hold a public hearing on Wednesday, July 15, 2015 at 7:30 P.M. in the Urbana City Council Chambers, 400 South Vine Street, Urbana, Illinois, at which time and place the Board will consider the following case:
ZBA Case No. 2015-MAJ-08: A request by Lori Garrett for a Major Variance to construct a garage that will encroach 21 feet, 3 inches into the required front yard in the R-3, Single-Family and Two-Family Residential District at 701 E. Elm Street.
The property is zoned R-3, Single-Family and Two-Family Residential. Per Table VI-3 of the Urbana Zoning Ordinance, the required front yard along Anderson Street at 701 E. Elm Street is 25 feet. The petitioner proposes to construct a garage that will encroach 21 feet, 3 inches into the required 25 foot front yard. This represents an 85% variance from the setback requirement, which, pursuant to the Urbana Zoning Ordinance, qualifies as a Major Variance. For the Major Variance to be granted, the Zoning Board of Appeals must recommend approval of the variance and forward the request to City Council for final approval.
The subject property is more particularly described as follows:
Lot In Martha E. Webber’s Third Addition To The City of Urbana As Per Plat Recorded In Plat Book “C” At Page 56, Situated in Champaign County, Illinois.
Parcel No.: 92-21-16-102-001
Detailed information on this case is available at the City of Urbana, Community Development Services Department, 400 South Vine Street, Urbana, Illinois 61801, or by contacting Kevin Garcia at 217-384-2440 or
email@example.com. The case is subject to change during the public hearing process.
All persons desiring to be heard for or against said request may appear at said meeting and be heard thereon. Persons with disabilities needing services or accommodations for this public hearing should contact the Community Development Services Department at (217) 384-2440 or the City of Urbana's Americans with Disabilities Act Coordinator at (217) 384-2466 or TTY at (217) 384-2360.
Dated: June 30, 2015
URBANA ZONING BOARD OF APPEALS
By: Paul Armstrong, Chairperson
NOTICE TO BIDDERS
Sealed proposals for the improvement described below will be received and at that time publicly opened and read at the office of Savoy Municipal Center, 611 N Dunlap, Savoy, IL 61874 until 10:00 AM on July 9, 2015.
DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Name Sidewalk Improvement Length: 294 feet
Location Curtis Road, Savoy, IL
Proposed Improvement Install 5 foot wide PCC sidewalk starting at the corner of Curtis Rd and Dunlap St, and ending tying into existing sidewalk on the west side of Woodfield Dr. Curb ramps and ADA detectable warning will be installed at a width of 10 feet to prepare for widening the sidewalk into a bike path..
1. Plans and proposal forms will be available in the office of Savoy Municipal Center, 611 N Dunlap, Savoy, IL 61874 Ph 217-359-5894; Documents cost $ 100; PDF files no-charge email request to
2. The 2 low bidders must file within 24 hours after the letting an “Affidavit of Availability” (Form BC 57), in duplicate, showing all uncompleted contracts awarded to them and all low bids pending award for Federal, State, County, Municipal and private work.
3. The Awarding Authority reserves the right to waive technicalities and to reject any or all proposals as provided in BLRS Special Provision for Bidding Requirements and Conditions for Contract Proposals.
4. The following BLR Forms shall be returned by the bidder to the Awarding Authority:
a. BLR 12200: Local Public Agency Formal Contract Proposal b. BLR 12200a Schedule of Prices
c. BLR 12230: Proposal Bid Bond (if applicable)
d. BLR 12326: Affidavit of Illinois Business Office
5. The quantities appearing in the bid schedule are approximate and are prepared for the comparison of bids. Payment to the Contractor will be made only for the actual quantities of work performed and accepted or materials furnished according to the contract. The scheduled quantities of work to be done and materials to be furnished may be increased, decreased or omitted as hereinafter provided.
6. Submission of a bid shall be conclusive assurance and warranty the bidder has examined the plans and understands all requirements for the performance of work. The bidder will be responsible for all errors in the proposal resulting from failure or neglect to conduct an in depth examination. The Awarding Authority will, in no case be responsible for any costs, expenses, losses or changes in anticipated profits resulting from such failure or neglect of the bidder.
7. The bidder shall take no advantage of any error or omission in the proposal and advertised contract.
8. If a special envelope is supplied by the Awarding Authority, each proposal should be submitted in that envelope furnished by the Awarding Agency and the blank spaces on the envelope shall be filled in correctly to clearly indicate its contents. When an envelope other than the special one furnished by the Awarding Authority is used, it shall be marked to clearly indicate its contents. When sent by mail, the sealed proposal shall be addressed to the Awarding Authority at the address and in care of the official in whose office the bids are to be received. All proposals shall be filed prior to the time and at the place specified in the Notice to Bidders. Proposals received after the time specified will be returned to the bidder unopened.
9. Permission will be given to a bidder to withdraw a proposal if the bidder makes the request in writing or in person before the time for opening proposals.
Oscar Steer Place Boiler Replacement
The Housing Authority of Champaign County (HACC) is inviting sealed Bid Proposals from interested and qualified parties for the Steer Place Boiler Replacement Project, generally including all labor, supervision, materials, supplies, transportation, equipment and services necessary and required as set forth in the Contract Documents.
Separate sealed BIDS will be received by the Housing Authority of Champaign County at the address listed above until 2:00 p.m. CST on Wednesday, July 22, 2015, at which time the bids will be publicly opened and read aloud.
The Bidding Documents may be examined at the following locations: Offices of the Architect: Farnsworth Group, Inc., 2211 W. Bradley Ave, Champaign, IL 61821; (217) 352-7408.
The Bidding Documents are available at the Architect’s project bidding website, http://bidlist.f-w.com/.
The Bidding Documents will also be available at Dean’s Blueprint: 404 E. University Ave., Champaign, IL 61820; (217) 359-3261. All costs associated with printing the Bidding Documents are the responsibility of the entity requesting the Bidding Documents.
A Pre-Bid Conference will be held 2:00 PM Wednesday, July 15, 2015 at the Site: Oscar Steer Place, 1202 E. Harding Drive, Urbana, Illinois. Interested parties to meet at the main entry canopy.
The Housing Authority of Champaign County intends to award one contract on the basis of lowest and most responsible base bid for all work to be performed. The successful bidder must be prepared to begin work immediately upon notification of award. The Housing Authority of Champaign County reserves the right to reject any or all bids or to waive any informality in the bidding process.
All bidders must sign and submit all forms in Specification Section 008500 including the Section 3 Clause and Section 3 Assurances. Contractors awarded a contract must comply with HUD’s regulations in 24 CFR Part 135, which implements Section 3.
HOUSING AUTHORITY OF CHAMPAIGN COUNTY
By: Edward Bland
PEGGY J. COCHRAN
ESTATE- E. PEORIA, IL
ABSOLUTE ESTATE AUCTION
OF QUALITY ANTIQUES-
SAT., JULY 18TH
Inspection July 17th noon to 5 and Sat. starting at 9:00 a.m.
WAPELLA AUCTION HOUSE-
Wapella, IL (54 Years Largest and Longest Running Auction Facility) 15 minutes south of Bloomington or 30 minutes north of Decatur on Rt. 51.
For Complete Listing and Photos got to:
auctioneer ID 12228
Selling high quality items including-furniture by Ethan Allen and Thomasville-Roseville jardinieres, hand painted china, RS Prussia, quality antique oak and walnut furniture, large amount of hand painted china, chocolate sets, large collection of Fiesta, very large set of Desert Rose Franciscan china, large amount of Fire King (green & clear), leaded lamps & windows, sterling flatware, Waterford & Lenox, many Hummels, yellow & pink depression, cracker jars, sets of china, Wavecrest, Christmas ornaments and decorations, county antiques, kitchen antiques, stoneware, primitives, furniture, household box lots.
SELLER: ANGELA POKARNEY
Auctioneer Note: very nice estate auction, Peggy had collected for many years.
TERMS: Cash-Check-Debit or Credit Card w/3% fee for using a card. 8% Buyers Premium on all Sales.
HAYCRAFT AUCTION CO., INC.
Wapella Auction House-
Rt 51 N., Wapella, IL 61777
Court Street Parking Facility
Request for Bids
The City of Tuscola, Illinois (City) requests bids from qualified contractors for the Court Street Parking Facility Improvements. Court Street will be reconstructed south of US Rte. 36 approximately 298 linear feet. Construction includes earthwork, PCC pavement, sub-base granular material, curb and gutter, PCC sidewalk, storm sewer, seeding, pavement marking and other necessary items to complete the project. Anticipated start for this project is August 10, 2015 and the project must be completed by no later than September 30, 2015. Attention is called to the fact that the Prevailing Wage Act of the State of Illinois (820 ILCS 130/0.01 et seq.) applies to the work contemplated under this Request for Bids, and the Contractor will be required to provide evidence of compliance.
The plans and bid documents are available only through Chastain & Associates in Decatur. Contact Chris Siefert at (217) 422-8544
Bids will be received until 9:00 a.m., CDT, Wednesday, July 22, 2015 in the City of Tuscola Office, 214 N. Main St., Tuscola, Illinois 61953.
Late submittals will not be accepted under any circumstance, and any submittal so received shall be returned to the proposing firm unopened. Proposing firms are fully responsible for allowing adequate time for the delivery of their submittals by whatever delivery method is employed. The City reserves the right to reject any and all bids or any part thereof.
The City of Danville will hold public hearings to provide an opportunity to review program performance and to obtain citizen's views regarding community development activities undertaken in the 2014-2015 Program Year pursuant to the City’s Consolidated Plan. The activities under review include those utilizing Community Development Block Grant funds, made available through the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development. The City of Danville intends to submit this information as part of its Consolidated Annual Performance and Evaluation Report (CAPER) on or before July 29, 2015. Persons with disabilities or non-English speaking persons who wish to attend the public hearings and need assistance should contact the Community Development offices, at 1155 E. Voorhees Street, Danville, IL. 61832, or by telephone at 217 431-3453, or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org. Every effort will be made to affect reasonable accommodations for these persons. Information related to the utilization of these funds and the activities that were conducted can also be reviewed prior to the public hearings at the Community Development offices at the location listed above. The information will also be made available upon request in writing directed to Community Development, 1155 E. Voorhees Street, Danville, IL. 61832. Telephone inquiries and comments can also be registered by calling 217 431-3453 weekdays between 8:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. The public is invited to attend on the following dates at the following ADA handicapped accessible facilities:
TUESDAY July 14, 2015, 9:00 a.m.
Danville Public Library
1st Floor Meeting Room,
319 N. Vermilion Street, Danville, Illinois
TUESDAY July 14, 2015, 6:00 p.m.
City Council Chambers
Robert E. Jones Municipal Building,
17 West Main Street, Danville, Illinois
WEDNESDAY- July 15, 2015, 2:00 p.m.
City Council Chambers
Robert E. Jones Municipal Building,
17 West Main Street, Danville, Illinois
Interested parties are invited to provide comments either at the hearings or by submission of a written statement, no later than July 15, 2015, in order for those to be included in the public record of the hearings.
Scott Eisenhauer, Mayor
City of Danville