Browse by Category
Browse Classified Ads
The Champaign-Urbana Mass Transit District hereby provides notice that it did on the 24th day of June, 2015, by Resolution duly adopted by the Board of Trustees of the Champaign-Urbana Mass Transit District, make a determination of the prevailing wages to which the District is subject.
Jack Waaler, Secretary Champaign-Urbana Mass Transit District
IN THE CIRCUIT COURT
FOR THE FIFTH JUDICIAL CIRCUIT OF ILLINOIS
VERMILION COUNTY, DANVILLE, ILLINOIS
DANIEL PAUL BERNARDI, SR., Petitioner, and JENNIFER ROBIN BERNARDI, AK/A,
JENNIFER ROBIN KREITZ,
Respondent. Case No. 15-D-72
NOTICE IS GIVEN YOU, JENNIFER ROBIN BERNARDI A/K/A, JENNIFER ROBIN BERNARDI, Respondent, that this cause has been commenced in this Court against you asking for dissolution of your marriage and for further relief.
Unless you file your answer or otherwise file your appearance in this case in the office of the Circuit Clerk at the Vermilion County Courthouse, Danville, Illinois, within thirty (30) days A JUDGMENT OR DECREE BY DEFAULT MAY BE TAKEN AGAINST YOU FOR THE RELIEF ASKED IN THE PETITION FOR PETITION TO ESTABLISH PARENTAGE FILED HEREIN.
Witnessed: Clerk of the Circuit Court
BY: Denny Gardner,
Vermilion Circuit Court
Mark S. Christoff
Attorney for Petitioner
427 N. Vermilion St.
Danville, IL 61832
In the Circuit Court of the Sixth Judicial Circuit
Champaign County, Illinois
In the Matter of the Estate of:Michael D. Swaney
Deceased. No. 15-P-172
NOTICE OF CLAIMS DATE
Notice is given of the death of Michael D. Swaney. Letters of office were issued on June 17, 2015 to Scott Swan, whose attorney is DEBORAH FRANK FEINEN Tummelson Bryan & Knox, 115 N. Broadway Avenue, Urbana, Illinois, 61801
Claims against the estate may be filed in the Office of the Clerk of the Circuit Court, Probate Division Champaign County Courthouse, 101 E. Main Street, Urbana, Illinois, 61801, or with the representative, or both, on or before six (6) months from the date of the first publication of this notice, and any claim not filed within that period is barred. Any claim filed with the clerk must be mailed and delivered to the representative and to the attorney within ten (10) days after it has been filed. Within 42 days after the effective date of the original order of admission you may file a petition with the court to require proof of the will by testimonoy of the witnesses to the will in open court or other evidence, as provded in section 6-21 of the Probate Act of 1975 (755 ILCS 5/6-21). You also have the right under section 8-1 of the Probate Act of 1975 (755 ILCS 5/8-1) to contest the validity of the will by filing a petition with the court within 6 months after admission of the will to probate.
Dated: June 19, 2015
NOTICE OF PREVAILING WAGE RATES
NEWCOMB TOWNSHP and NEWCOMB TOWNSHIP ROAD DISTRICT have passed Ordinances establishing prevailing wage rates for construction to be the same as those in Champaign County as determined by the Illinois Department of Labor. Anyone wishing to inspect the Ordinances may do so at the Newcomb Township Hall, 355 County Road, 2700 North, Mahomet, Illinois 61853 upon request.
Clerk, Newcomb Township and
Newcomb Township Road District
NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING OF THE ZONING BOARD OF APPEALS OF THE CITY OF CHAMPAIGN, ILLINOIS, ON PROPOSED Major VARIATIONs AT 1705 SOUTH PROSPECT avenue IN THE CITY OF CHAMPAIGN (CASE pl15-0027).
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN to all interested persons that a public hearing will be held in the Council Chambers of the City Building, 102 North Neil Street, Champaign, Illinois, on Thursday, July 16, at 4:00 p.m. on proposed major parking and setback variations for the property located at 1705 South Prospect Avenue. Approval of the major variations would allow for a reduction of 9 required parking spaces, and for a parking lot to be located 0.3 feet from the south (Lincolnshire Drive) property line.
The legal description of the subject property is as follows:
Lot 6 in Land of Lincolnshire in Champaign County, Illinois and the east one-half of the adjacent 25.00 foot alley vacated by Ordinance No. 748 recorded December 11, 1969 as Document Number 770433.
Situated in Champaign County, Illinois.
This property is generally known as 1705 South Prospect Avenue.
In said public hearing; all interested persons will be given an opportunity to be heard and to present their arguments for or against passage of an Ordinance permitting the aforesaid variation.
Bruce A. Knight, FAICP
Director of Planning and Development
City of Champaign, Illinois
NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING REGARDING A
PROPOSED MAJOR VARIANCE
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that the Zoning Board of Appeals of the City of Urbana, Illinois will hold a public hearing on Wednesday, July 15, 2015 at 7:30 P.M. in the Urbana City Council Chambers, 400 South Vine Street, Urbana, Illinois, at which time and place the Board will consider the following case:
ZBA Case No. 2015-MAJ-08: A request by Lori Garrett for a Major Variance to construct a garage that will encroach 21 feet, 3 inches into the required front yard in the R-3, Single-Family and Two-Family Residential District at 701 E. Elm Street.
The property is zoned R-3, Single-Family and Two-Family Residential. Per Table VI-3 of the Urbana Zoning Ordinance, the required front yard along Anderson Street at 701 E. Elm Street is 25 feet. The petitioner proposes to construct a garage that will encroach 21 feet, 3 inches into the required 25 foot front yard. This represents an 85% variance from the setback requirement, which, pursuant to the Urbana Zoning Ordinance, qualifies as a Major Variance. For the Major Variance to be granted, the Zoning Board of Appeals must recommend approval of the variance and forward the request to City Council for final approval.
The subject property is more particularly described as follows:
Lot In Martha E. Webber’s Third Addition To The City of Urbana As Per Plat Recorded In Plat Book “C” At Page 56, Situated in Champaign County, Illinois.
Parcel No.: 92-21-16-102-001
Detailed information on this case is available at the City of Urbana, Community Development Services Department, 400 South Vine Street, Urbana, Illinois 61801, or by contacting Kevin Garcia at 217-384-2440 or
email@example.com. The case is subject to change during the public hearing process.
All persons desiring to be heard for or against said request may appear at said meeting and be heard thereon. Persons with disabilities needing services or accommodations for this public hearing should contact the Community Development Services Department at (217) 384-2440 or the City of Urbana's Americans with Disabilities Act Coordinator at (217) 384-2466 or TTY at (217) 384-2360.
Dated: June 30, 2015
URBANA ZONING BOARD OF APPEALS
By: Paul Armstrong, Chairperson
NOTICE TO BIDDERS
Sealed proposals for the improvement described below will be received and at that time publicly opened and read at the office of Savoy Municipal Center, 611 N Dunlap, Savoy, IL 61874 until 10:00 AM on July 9, 2015.
DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Name Sidewalk Improvement Length: 294 feet
Location Curtis Road, Savoy, IL
Proposed Improvement Install 5 foot wide PCC sidewalk starting at the corner of Curtis Rd and Dunlap St, and ending tying into existing sidewalk on the west side of Woodfield Dr. Curb ramps and ADA detectable warning will be installed at a width of 10 feet to prepare for widening the sidewalk into a bike path..
1. Plans and proposal forms will be available in the office of Savoy Municipal Center, 611 N Dunlap, Savoy, IL 61874 Ph 217-359-5894; Documents cost $ 100; PDF files no-charge email request to
2. The 2 low bidders must file within 24 hours after the letting an “Affidavit of Availability” (Form BC 57), in duplicate, showing all uncompleted contracts awarded to them and all low bids pending award for Federal, State, County, Municipal and private work.
3. The Awarding Authority reserves the right to waive technicalities and to reject any or all proposals as provided in BLRS Special Provision for Bidding Requirements and Conditions for Contract Proposals.
4. The following BLR Forms shall be returned by the bidder to the Awarding Authority:
a. BLR 12200: Local Public Agency Formal Contract Proposal b. BLR 12200a Schedule of Prices
c. BLR 12230: Proposal Bid Bond (if applicable)
d. BLR 12326: Affidavit of Illinois Business Office
5. The quantities appearing in the bid schedule are approximate and are prepared for the comparison of bids. Payment to the Contractor will be made only for the actual quantities of work performed and accepted or materials furnished according to the contract. The scheduled quantities of work to be done and materials to be furnished may be increased, decreased or omitted as hereinafter provided.
6. Submission of a bid shall be conclusive assurance and warranty the bidder has examined the plans and understands all requirements for the performance of work. The bidder will be responsible for all errors in the proposal resulting from failure or neglect to conduct an in depth examination. The Awarding Authority will, in no case be responsible for any costs, expenses, losses or changes in anticipated profits resulting from such failure or neglect of the bidder.
7. The bidder shall take no advantage of any error or omission in the proposal and advertised contract.
8. If a special envelope is supplied by the Awarding Authority, each proposal should be submitted in that envelope furnished by the Awarding Agency and the blank spaces on the envelope shall be filled in correctly to clearly indicate its contents. When an envelope other than the special one furnished by the Awarding Authority is used, it shall be marked to clearly indicate its contents. When sent by mail, the sealed proposal shall be addressed to the Awarding Authority at the address and in care of the official in whose office the bids are to be received. All proposals shall be filed prior to the time and at the place specified in the Notice to Bidders. Proposals received after the time specified will be returned to the bidder unopened.
9. Permission will be given to a bidder to withdraw a proposal if the bidder makes the request in writing or in person before the time for opening proposals.