NOTICE OF INVITATION TO BID
BID # 1617-04
Bids will be received at the Office of the Director of Public Works, City of Urbana, Illinois, for:
CUSTODIAL CONTRACT SERVICES (for City of Urbana Facilities)
Specifications may be obtained from the Office of the Director of Public Works, 706 South Glover Avenue, Urbana, Illinois 61802. Specifications can be downloaded from the City of Urbana website located at www.urbanaillinois.us.
Bids will be received through 2:00 P. M., Tuesday, September 20, 2016, at the Public Works Center, 706 South Glover Avenue, Urbana, Illinois, and at said time the bids shall be opened and read publicly.
A Pre-Bid Meeting has been scheduled on Thursday, September 8, 2016, at 1:00 P. M., in the second-floor conference room at the Urbana Public Works Center, 706 South Glover Avenue, Urbana, Illinois 61802. In the event the Bidder cannot attend the pre-bid meeting an individual tour can be made by contacting Vince Gustafson at (217)384-2318 prior to 3:00P.M. Friday September 9, 2016. Bids will not be accepted from any vendor who does not attend this pre-bid meeting or scheduled individual tour.
Any questions regarding this Bid process and Pre-Bid Meeting may be directed to Mr. Vince Gustafson, Public Facilities Supervisor for the City of Urbana, at (217) 384-2318 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The City reserves the right to reject any or all bids, and to waive irregularities or technicalities.
William R. Gray, P. E., Director
PUBLIC WORKS DEPARTMENT
City of Urbana, Illinois 61802
City of Urbana Public Works
706 S. Glover St
Urbana, IL 61802
NOTICE OF PUBLIC SALE OF
REAL PROPERTY OWNED BY
URBANA SCHOOL DISTRICT 116
Notice is hereby given that on Friday, September 16, 2016 at 10AM, the Board of Education of Urbana School District 116, of Champaign County, Illinois (hereinafter “District”) will sell at public sale by taking sealed bids, which bids will be accepted until 10AM on Friday, September 16, 2016 at the District’s Administrative Offices located at 205 North Race Street, Urbana, IL and which sealed bids will be opened at 10AM on Friday, September 16, 2016 at the District’s Administrative Offices in its Conference Room located at 205 North Race Street, Urbana, IL, the following described property (“Property”):
Property Address: 1102 North Broadway, Urbana, Illinois
Property Identification No(s):91-21-08-254-001; 91-21-08-254-002; 91-21-08-
254-003; 91-21-08-254-004; 91-21-08-256-001
Said PROPERTY is currently improved by a structure commonly known as the former “Washington School.” Legal description on District’s title to govern.
Information relating to the Property may be obtained at the Board of Education Office at 205 North Race Street, Urbana, Illinois, between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m., Monday through Friday, or on the Urbana School District website at: www.usd116.org
Said sale by sealed bids will be made on the following terms, to wit:
1. The Property is to be offered for sale at a public sale by sealed bid to the highest responsible and qualified Bidder. ALL BIDS MUST BE RECEIVED AT THE DISTRICT’S ADMINISTRATIVE OFFICE BY THE TIME AND DATE SET FORTH ABOVE. IT SHALL BE A BIDDER’S OBLIGATION TO ENSURE TIMELY DELIVERY OF A BID, AND ALL LATE BIDS WILL BE REJECTED. ALL BIDS MUST BE ADDRESSED TO THE DISTRICT AND SECURED IN A SEALED OPAQUE ENVELOPE THAT IS MARKED ON THE EXTERIOR OF THE SEALED ENVELOPE WITH: (A) “WASHINGTON SCHOOL SEALED BID” AND (B) THE NAME, ADDRESS, AND PHONE NUMBER OF THE BIDDER. NO BIDS WILL BE RECEIVED VERBALLY, BY FACSIMILE, BY EMAIL, OR BY METHOD OTHER THAN SEALED BID, AND BIDDERS SHALL NOT SEND DUPLICATES OR COPIES OF THEIR BIDS BY ANY OTHER METHOD THAT REVEALS THE CONTENT OF THEIR BID. IT IS A REQUIREMENT OF THE DISTRICT THAT ALL BIDS BE SEALED AND THE AMOUNTS THEREOF UNKNOWN TO THE DISTRICT UNTIL PUBLICLY OPENED AND AVAILABLE FOR INSPECTION IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE SEALED BID OPENING DISCUSSED IN THIS NOTICE.
2. The Property shall be sold “as is-where is” by Quit Claim Deed, legal description on District’s title to govern. The District makes no representations or warranties with respect to the condition or use of said Property, or compliance with environmental laws and regulations. The Purchaser shall be solely responsible for determining the applicability of any laws, local ordinance, or other regulations which may impact the Property and/or the Purchaser’s contemplated use thereof. The Property is being sold subject to any and all rights of the public and any and all easements, covenants and restrictions shown or not shown by public record. Submission of a sealed bid shall serve as that Bidder’s acknowledgement that: (a) it has received any and all requested or otherwise required property disclosures prior to the date of bid submission; (b) that it was afforded opportunities to inspect the Property and records relating to its condition before the date of bid submission; and (c) that it has availed itself, to its satisfaction, of the right to inspect the Property and records relating to its condition prior to the date of bid submission; and (d) that it is satisfied with the Property’s condition and that it is taking the Property in AS-IS / WHERE-IS condition. Records relating to the Property’s condition, including any and all environmental contaminants known and/or believed to have been located on the Property in the past or currently (if any), are available for inspection and/or coping by contacting the District’s Chief Financial Officer during regular business hours at the District’s administrative office.
3. The property is located within the proposed boundary of a new Tax Increment Financing (TIF) District which may make the property eligible for renovation and redevelopment incentives. The District, however, makes no representations or promises relating to the establishment of said TIF District and/or the property’s qualification for TIF under any such District. Questions regarding the proposed TIF District should be directed to Brandon Boys, Economic Development Manager, City of Urbana, (217) 328-8270 or email@example.com.
4. Questions regarding the zoning for the Property (including provisions regarding the City of Urbana’s “Special Use Procedures for Utility or Public Buildings and Adaptive Re-use of School Buildings and Church Buildings”) should be addressed to: Elizabeth Tyler, City of Urbana.
5. The District will not be responsible for paying any real estate brokers’ commission.
6. By submitting a sealed bid, a Bidder accepts the terms of the sale as contained herein and in the Board of Education’s Resolution dated August 23, 2016, incorporated herein by this reference as if set out in full, expressly including the terms and provisions of this Notice and the Purchase and Sale Agreement attached to said Resolution. Copies of said Resolution and Purchase and Sale Agreement are available by contacting the District’s Chief Financial Officer during regular business hours at the District’s administrative office.
7. District reserves the right to reject any or all bids tendered, to waive irregularities, or to cancel or reschedule the bid submission date and/or bid opening.
8. Upon presentation by the District, the highest Bidder shall immediately execute the Purchase and Sale Agreement with the District subject to the terms and conditions as set forth in the Board of Education’s Resolution dated August 23, 2016, and this Notice of Public Sale.
9. The closing date on any resulting sale shall be scheduled within 90 days of September 20, 2016, unless District and the successful Bidder agree to alternate closing arrangements and the successful Bidder remits payment for a closing extension (as per the Purchase and Sale Agreement). If the successful Bidder fails to pay the balance due upon closing, the Bid Deposit and Earnest Money paid shall be forfeited and retained by District, and District may resell the Property. Possession shall be delivered to Buyer at closing.
10. The District may request assurances and proof satisfactory to the District of the Bidders’ ability to purchase the property. Failure of the Bidder to produce same, to District’s satisfaction as measured solely by District, will permit District to terminate sale to said Bidder.
11. The Property will be available for inspection, upon District’s receipt of reasonable written request, prior to the bid submission deadline.
12. The Board of Education has established a minimum sales price of FOUR HUNDRED FIFTY THOUSAND AND NO/100 DOLLARS ($450,000.00) and any sealed bid at an amount lower than that minimum sales price shall be disqualified and rejected.
13. All bids must be accompanied by a “Bid Deposit” from the Bidder, which shall be a cashier’s check or money order payable to Urbana School District 116 in the amount of Five Percent (5.0%) of the Bidder’s bid amount. The Bid Deposits of all unsuccessful Bidders will be returned by the District to the Bidder within 5 business days. The successful Bidder’s Bid Deposit shall be credited to the sale price or otherwise retained by the District, as set forth in the Purchase and Sale Agreement.
14. The successful Bidder, upon notification by the District, shall sign the Purchase and Sale Agreement as approved by the Board of Education on August 23, 2016 and shall, at that time, tender as “Earnest Money” (via cashier’s check, money order, or other method approved by the District) an additional Five Percent (5.0%) of the Bidder’s bid amount to the District, which Earnest Money shall be credited to the sale price or otherwise retained by the District, as set forth in the Purchase and Sale Agreement.
Board of Education
Urbana School District 116
Date: August 23, 2016
/s/ Ruth Ann Fisher
Secretary, Board of Education
County of Champaign
Orig Koala Sewing Furniture
Excellent condition, white ash, quilting table w/leaf, three drawer cabinet, additional four drawer chest and chair $1200 contact Jean at 217 840-5326 firstname.lastname@example.org
4 burial plots, Woodlawn Cemetary,border Urbana Country Club. Originally $895 ea. Make offer. 239-222-2040
OPEN SUNDAY 1-4
110 Saint Elizabeth, Thomasboro, IL
110 Saint Elizabeth, Thomasboro, IL
1860 sq. ft. 3BR / 2BA all brick ranch. Includes fridge, stove/oven, dishwasher, 2-car garage, and IMMACULATE landscaping with fire-pit. Close to schools and churches.
Call for appointment 217-419-0645
To showcase your property in the Photo Showcase
Monticello tri-level, 3br, 1.5 baths, attached garage, new siding and garage door, fenced yard, $120,000 obo.
To showcase your property in the Photo Showcase
Plush 8x10 Mauve
Woolen carpet remnant,
bound: $70. 351-5090
Porch-Yard Sale- 1011 N. Vermilion Danville Sat 7am-3pm. Women/men's clothing, toys, tools, bow, misc. household items, electronics.
Everything must go
Make a deal
Pottery Barn dining table, leaf, 6 chairs. Price lowered best offer ---------------
PSE BOW ... PRO Series
29”x70# RH... $555
CALL ... 217-328-0333