Browse by Category
Browse Classified Ads
TURTLE CREEK ROAD PAVEMENT IMPROVEMENTS
Notice to Bidders
Time and Place of Opening Bids
Sealed proposals for the improvement described below will be received at the office of the City of Monticello, 210 North Hamilton Street, Monticello, Illinois, 61856 until 10:00 o’clock A.M. June 16th , 2015.
Proposals will be opened and read publicly at 10:00 o’clock A.M. June 16th , 2015 at the office of the City of Monticello.
Description of Work
Name: Turtle Creek Road Pavement Improvements Length: 988 feet (0.19 miles)
Location: Turtle Creek Subdivision
Proposed Improvement: Hot mix asphalt surface removal (Cold Milling), special; Cement Aggregate Base Course, 6”; Leveling Binder (Machine Method); Hot-Mix Asphalt Surface Course, 1 ½”.
1. Plans and proposal forms will be available in the office of City Clerk, 210 North Hamilton Street, Monticello, Illinois, 61856.
2. The two (2) low bidders must file within twenty-four (24) hours after letting an “Affidavit of Availability” (Form BC 57), in triplicate, showing all uncompleted contracts awarded to them and all low bids pending award for Federal, State, County, Municipal and private work.
3. All proposals must be accompanied by a proposal guaranty as provided in BLRS Special Provision for Bidding Requirements and Conditions for contract proposals contained in the “Supplemental Specifications and Recurring Special Provisions.”
4. The Awarding Authority reserves the right to waive technicalities and to reject any or all proposals as provided in BLRS Special Provisions for Bidding Requirements and Conditions for Contract Proposals contained in the “Supplemental Specifications and Recurring Special Provisions.”
5. Bidders need not return the entire contract proposal when bids are submitted unless otherwise required. Portions of the proposal that must be returned include the following:
a. Contract Cover
b. Notice to Bidders
c. Contract Proposal
d. Contract Schedule of Prices
6. The quantities appearing in the bid schedule are approximate and are prepared for the comparison of bids. Payment to the contractor will be made only for the actual quantities of work performed and accepted or materials furnished according to the contract. The scheduled quantities of work to be done and materials to be furnished may be increased, decreased or omitted as hereinafter provided.
7. Submission of a bid shall be conclusive assurance and warranty the bidder has examined the plans and understands all requirements for the performance of work. The bidder will be responsible for all errors in the proposal resulting from failure or neglect to conduct an in depth examination. The Awarding Authority will, in no case be responsible for any costs, expenses, losses or changes in anticipated profit resulting from such failure or neglect of the bidder.
8. The bidder shall take no advantage of any error or omission in the proposal and advertised contract.
9. All bids shall be submitted in a sealed envelope. The outside of the envelope shall be clearly marked with the following:
a. The word “Bid” at the top.
b. Project name.
c. Bidder’s name and address.
When sent by mail, the sealed proposal shall be addressed to the Awarding Authority at the address and in care of the official in whose office bids are to be received. All proposals shall be filed prior to the time and place specified in the Notice to Bidders. Proposals received after the time specified will be returned to the bidder unopened.
10. Permission will be given to the bidder to withdraw a proposal if the bidder makes the request in writing or in person before the time for opening proposals.
By Order of
City of Monticello, Illinois
Dated May 29th, 2015
Note: All proposal documents, including Proposal Guaranty Checks, should be stapled together to prevent loss when bids are processed.
Up Coming Auction
50 yr One Owner Huge Auction
Wed June 10 @10 EST
20 North Third St, Lafayette, In
Tippecanoe County Fair Grounds
Early, Rare, Vintage, Primitive, Glassware over 1000+ items
Juanita McElhaney Auction
Sat June 13@ 10 am
415 W Chestnut, Hoopeston, IL
Sterling Jewelry, Storage-
Whew, You won't believe it
Hobby Farm Auction
Sat June 20th @ 10 EST
5506 S.State Rd 236, Williamsport, In
E.H. Martin Revocable Trust
42 Ford Tractor, Backhoe, 93 Dodge Pick up, 98 Town and Country, 97 Honda Goldwing
tools and much more
Estate of Geneva R. Dancy
Sat July 11 @10 Am
319 S. Chicago, Bismarck, IL
Cub Cadet Series 3000, Collectibles, Furniture, Electronics, HHG Very Nice Sale
Check it out:
for pics and info
Jon Witvoet Auctioneer