I posted this as a reply to the GOP NAZI thread but I suspect it got overlooked due to the inflammatory headline and length of that post so I'm bumping it here. This is in regard to unemployment insurance benefits being allowed to expire and fiixng the political process in general.
So here's the solution:
1. House of Representatives members are chosen at random like jury duty and serve one weekend a month plus two weeks a year at minimum wage (no travel expenses - they can telecommute).
2. Poverty threshold calculated as the minimum average cost of all required living expenses if it's not already.
3. Minimum wage calculated as the annual poverty threshold of a 3 person household divided by 40 hours per week then divided by 52 weeks per year (currently about $8.80/hr vs $7.25/hr which is the current federal minimum wage).
4. Guaranteed available federal jobs provided at minimum wage with free healthcare for public works projects.
5. Constitutional amendment requiring revenues to exceed expenses at the end of each fiscal year as long as federal net worth (assets minus liabilities) is negative. Punishment is 30 days in jail for reps and senators.
6. Federal subsidies for newspapers.
7. Establish online FOIA repository where all federal documents are posted within 30 days of their creation. Sensitive docs posted with redactions and date redactions can be removed.
8. Flat rate sales tax with flat amount refund established to replace all other general purpose taxes (income, capital appreciation, estate, etc).
9. Eliminate any taxes that might apply to businesses from worker co-ops, halve them for customer co-ops, and double them for corporations.
What do you think?