History of Oakwood
Photographer: Courtesy of Oakwood Township Historical Society
Modern Woodmen of America, Oakwood team, in 1896.
Brad Neil's blacksmith shop, 1910, on West Collett Street.
Oakwood Christian Church about 1912.
E.N. "Newt" Longstreth in harness shop, later turned into the Blue Room cafe in 1920.
Interurban car along South West Main Street and Scott Street.
Big Four Railroad Depot at Oakwood.
Oakwood Grade and High School after 1912.
Max St. John's barber shop and shoe store.
William and Norman Oakwood. Norman is on the horse.
Oakwood baseball team.
Logging with tractor, 1921. Shown are Fred Isenhower, Mrs. Isenhower, B.W. Neel and Mrs. Neel.
Oakwood Main Street, 1940s.
Building the Cheneyford Bridge southwest of Oakwood, 1912.
Fagaly's General Store, June 15, 1928. W.S. Fagaly, Ray Liggett and Red Elliott (salesman).
Harry J. Walton and his mule Jim, rescued Dec. 12, 1936.
1914- Oakwood High School met in the grade school basement until Oakwood Township High School was built two years later.
Gordon Bridgman gas station, Oakwood Street and Route 150.
Ethel Illk Oakwood's first Ford.
Funeral at Oakwood Methodist Church, 1909. Hearse driven by John Redman, helped by Vernice Redman.
Paving in Oakwood with cement mixer, 1921.
Ollie Van Allen in the last Glenburn grocery store.
Standard Oil Building on South Main, Tim Wolfe's residence.
C.C. Andrews and daughter Aldyth at the State Bank of Oakwood.
Bill Overmier, Ben Cox, Al Overmier and traveling salesman in suit at Overmier's Newtown blacksmith in 1917.
C.R. Burton standing by the side of the last log hut in Oakwood Township.
Scott Street looking north about 1909.
Comments for this post are inactive.