Firefighters respond to a kitchen fire at Empire Chinese Restaurant at the corner of Fifth and Green in Campustown. According to Fire Marshall John Koller, there was a small kitchen fire that was extinguished by the restaurants system. Firemen checked the building for safety and for possible extension of the fire. Seven apparatus trucks responded to the fire and there were no injuries. Saturday, April 5, 2014.
Most Viewed News
Most Commented News
- Philo woman released from prison while reckless homicide sentence is on appeal
- Updated: Savoy, Rantoul, Champaign back money for IHSA bid; Urbana council directs staff to work on issue
- IHSA dispute growing in Urbana
- Jim Dey: With Kilgore, the past isn't past because he's basically the same guy
- Urbana opting not to contribute money to IHSA basketball bid