Firefighters respond to a kitchen fire at Empire Chinese Restaurant at the corner of Fifth and Green in Campustown. According to Fire Marshall John Koller, there was a small kitchen fire that was extinguished by the restaurants system. Firemen checked the building for safety and for possible extension of the fire. Seven apparatus trucks responded to the fire and there were no injuries. Saturday, April 5, 2014.
Most Viewed News
Most Commented News
- Two vastly different points of view on ACA
- Higher-seeded Illini heading to Florida? Blame it on Broadway
- Davis: 'Disappointed' in many GOP colleagues for not backing health care bill
- Target plans redesign of stores to cater to quick shopping
- Anti-abortion doctor, 2 centers sue over Illinois health law