10 questions about Vermilion County business
Here's a chance to take stock of how well you've kept up with business developments in Vermilion County this year. Give yourself 10 points for each correct answer.
1. Name the Danville company that broke ground in June for a 127,000-square-foot expansion at its headquarters on Maple Street.
2. Name the Danville funeral home that opened a new chapel in Champaign this year — one of six it operates in Illinois and Indiana.
3. Name the Wisconsin-based department store coming to North Vermilion Street in Danville.
4. Name the Massachusetts-based discount fashion chain that plans to move in alongside the Wisconsin-based department store.
5. Name the Michigan-based superstore chain — one of the largest privately owned companies in the U.S. — that is also building along North Vermilion Street.
6. Name the supermarket that opened in Tilton's Southgate Plaza shopping center this year.
7. Name the auto dealer that moved to the former American Chevrolet building on North Vermilion Street this year.
8. Name the food distribution center in Danville that closed after its parent company was acquired by U.S. Foods.
9. Name the off-price clothing and home decor store that announced plans this year to move into the former Goody's space at Danville's Village Mall.
10. The Poulos family announced it was closing the Deluxe Restaurant last spring after operating it for 47 years. What restaurant — with a very similar name — subsequently opened up in that space?
1. Watchfire Signs
2. Sunset Funeral Home
4. TJ Maxx
6. County Market
7. Courtesy Ford
8. Hawkeye Foodservice Distribution
9. Ross Dress for Less
10. Rich's Deluxe