3 arraigned for residential burglary

3 arraigned for residential burglary

URBANA – Three people charged with stealing thousands of dollars worth of jewelry and cash from a Champaign home are due back in court with attorneys next week.

David Pawlowski, 33, of Chicago; Josef Lakatosz, 47, of Lake Forest; and Sheila Lakatosz, 22, of Brooklyn, N.Y., were each arraigned Friday for residential burglary.

Assistant State's Attorney Sarah Carlson said Champaign police were investigating the trio, who are accused of entering a home in the 1700 block of Mullikin Drive on Wednesday and stealing $70,000 worth of jewelry and U.S. and Pakistani currency as well as a distinctive bag.

Police got warrants for their arrest that same day. They were stopped later in Norridge in Cook County for an alleged traffic violation. Carlson said Pawlowski and Josef Lakatosz gave police false names.

Police got a search warrant for a bag that was in the car and recovered the jewelry taken from the Mullikin Drive home, including a $44,000 diamond ring, Carlson said.

All three are being held on $750,000 bond each. They told Judge John Kennedy they wanted to hire their own attorneys so he ordered them to come back to court March 26.

Sections (2):News, Local
Tags (2):courts, crime

Comments

News-Gazette.com embraces discussion of both community and world issues. We welcome you to contribute your ideas, opinions and comments, but we ask that you avoid personal attacks, vulgarity and hate speech. We reserve the right to remove any comment at our discretion, and we will block repeat offenders' accounts. To post comments, you must first be a registered user, and your username will appear with any comment you post. Happy posting.

Login or register to post comments

acornell wrote on March 21, 2010 at 4:03 pm

I spent several years getting Sheila lakatosz and her mother Anna koza put behind bars for a home invasion, assault and burglary in new jersey on my 80yo mother and myself. Sheila promised the judge that she would never commit another burglary again. That is what she said the previous 20 times. her mother Anna Koza was in jail and given an additional 5 years probation and an ICE detainer and sent to another state for her other outstanding warrants. These are career criminals from an organized crime family from Brooklyn. They have so many aliases, they do not know who they are anymore. So muich for being on probation.

When I went to court, the family tried to intimidate me, but the Sayreville, NJ police and sheriffs would not allow it.

PUT THEM IN JAIL FOR 20 YEARS...ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!!!!!!!