Danville Housing Authority schedules health-safety fair
DANVILLE – The Danville Housing Authority will hold its annual Summer Health and Safety Fair from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Thursday at the Fair Oaks Pavilion, near the basketball courts in the Fair Oaks Housing Complex, 1607 Clyman Lane.
Lakeview College of Nursing and housing authority are sponsoring the event. Activities planned for the event include a wide variety of health, safety, and community information booths for the public housing residents.
– Danville Fire Department will bring a fire truck and talk with the children about fire safety.
– Danville Police Department will offer bicycle inspection, registration, and bicycle safety.
– The Vermilion County Sheriff's Department will offer tips on car seat safety and bring the DARE car.
– Representatives from area health care agencies will offer information on the services available for Danville and Vermilion County.
– The Lakeview College of Nursing students along with representatives from other organizations will offer health education. They will also provide games and face painting for the children.
Call the housing authority at 443-0621 or Lakeview College of Nursing at 443-5238.