Featured speaker announced for sustainability symposium
CHAMPAIGN – An author and consultant on innovation, excellence and sustainability will be the featured speaker for a sustainability symposium in Champaign next week.
Praveen Gupta, president of Accelper Consulting and author of "Business Innovation in the 21st Century," will speak at the Sustainability, Innovation and Energy Conservation Seminar on Oct. 28 at the Hilton Garden Inn, 1501 S. Neil St., C.
The free seminar, which is sponsored by the Illinois Sustainable Technology Center, is scheduled from 9 to 11:45 a.m. It will be followed at 12:15 p.m. by the Illinois Governor's Sustainability Awards Program, at which 27 organizations will be honored.
There's a $45 charge for the awards luncheon, but the morning seminar is free. You can register online for the seminar.
Gupta's speech will be followed by a panel of speakers on energy assistance programs for homeowners and organizations. Speakers on the panel include:
– Kristine Chalifoux of the Smart Energy Design Assistance Center.
– Steve Baab of ComEd.
– Carol Kulek of the Illinois Department of Commerce and Economic Opportunity.
– Bob Romo of the Illinois Clean Energy Community Foundation.
– Todd Rusk of the Illinois Sustainable Technology Center.
– Richard Reese of the Illinois Environmental Protection Agency.
– Cheryl Miller of Ameren Illinois.
Following presentations and a discussion, the panel will take questions from the audience.