No injuries reported in Champaign kitchen fire
CHAMPAIGN — Nobody was reported injured in a kitchen fire late Wednesday afternoon in Champaign.
Champaign Fire Department Capt. Rob Quinlan said firefighters were called to a two-story apartment building at 1412 W. Anthony Drive, C., at 5:12 p.m. Wednesday.
When firefighters arrived five minutes later, they found smoke coming out of the window of a second-story apartment.
Quinlan said a resident had been cooking and had left the stove unattended while visiting another apartment on the first floor.
Firefighters put out the fire, which was confined to a pan, within minutes. While there were no people inside the apartment at the time of the fire, a dog in a bedroom of the apartment stayed there throughout the incident without injury.
Quinlan said damage to the apartment was minimal.