No injuries reported in Champaign kitchen fire
Breaking News×Beckman fired

No injuries reported in Champaign kitchen fire

CHAMPAIGN — Nobody was reported injured in a kitchen fire late Wednesday afternoon in Champaign.

Champaign Fire Department Capt. Rob Quinlan said firefighters were called to a two-story apartment building at 1412 W. Anthony Drive, C., at 5:12 p.m. Wednesday.

When firefighters arrived five minutes later, they found smoke coming out of the window of a second-story apartment.

Quinlan said a resident had been cooking and had left the stove unattended while visiting another apartment on the first floor.

Firefighters put out the fire, which was confined to a pan, within minutes. While there were no people inside the apartment at the time of the fire, a dog in a bedroom of the apartment stayed there throughout the incident without injury.

Quinlan said damage to the apartment was minimal.

Comments

News-Gazette.com embraces discussion of both community and world issues. We welcome you to contribute your ideas, opinions and comments, but we ask that you avoid personal attacks, vulgarity and hate speech. We reserve the right to remove any comment at our discretion, and we will block repeat offenders' accounts. To post comments, you must first be a registered user, and your username will appear with any comment you post. Happy posting.

Login or register to post comments