15-year-old girl who had been reported missing has contacted her family

15-year-old girl who had been reported missing has contacted her family

UPDATED 6:05 p.m.

CHAMPAIGN — The father of a 15-year-old Champaign girl, who had been reported missing since late last week, says she has contacted him.

John Bunner, the father of Cassandra "Cassie" Bunner, 15, told The News-Gazette at 6 p.m. Monday that he had just received a telephone call from the girl.

"I talked to her, and she is OK," John Bunner said.

Cassie had last been seen at home around 10 p.m. Thursday. She is believed to have left sometime during the night.

She is between 5 feet, 3 inches and 5 feet, 4 inches tall. She has brown hair with green eyes and weighs 150 pounds. She has a light-colored birthmark on her left cheek and was possibly wearing a "Packers" top.

Comments

Comments for this post are read only.

fortherecord wrote on February 06, 2012 at 6:02 pm

4 days in and we're just now reading it? Was it just reported today?! I hope they find her quickly.

hmmm wrote on February 06, 2012 at 6:02 pm

So has she been found, or just been in contact w/ her parents?  Slow.  News.. Day...

LedgerCat wrote on February 06, 2012 at 6:02 pm

The first sentence of this article states that the girl's father has been found. =/ 

I'm glad that she has been located. 15 is a tough age for teens and parents.

Are you kidding wrote on February 06, 2012 at 8:02 pm

Bad, bad, bad punctuation in that first paragraph. You have to read it a few times to try and figure out what is actually meant. Who the heck passed that up and allowed it to be printed? Shame!

Anyway, the story only says that he was contacted. Now then, did the N-G check his cellphone records to confirm that?

If she contacted him, the real story is "Where is she?"  Should we all still be on the lookout??? Is she still in this area? What did she tell him other than being "OK"? Would we be wasting time and resources continuing to look for her around here? 

Why did the father contact the N-G? Should the N-G be getting that confirmed with the police department and not straight from the father?

Too many questions left from this story that was rushed to print.