Champaign house fire starts on kitchen stove

Champaign house fire starts on kitchen stove

CHAMPAIGN — A stove fire that got out of hand caused an estimated $10,000 damage to a home on Champaign's north side Tuesday evening.

Champaign firefighters were called to a single story home at 511 Alabama Ave., C, at 6 p.m. Tuesday. When firefighters arrived two minutes later, they found a lot of smoke coming from the home.

According to a fire department report, a woman was cooking in the kitchen when the stove fire got out of control.

The woman escaped from the house unharmed, and no firefighters were injured. Two dogs that were in the back yard were also unharmed.

Firefighters had the fire under control by 6:08 p.m.

The owner of the home was listed as Bruce E. Green of Champaign.

Comments embraces discussion of both community and world issues. We welcome you to contribute your ideas, opinions and comments, but we ask that you avoid personal attacks, vulgarity and hate speech. We reserve the right to remove any comment at our discretion, and we will block repeat offenders' accounts. To post comments, you must first be a registered user, and your username will appear with any comment you post. Happy posting.

Login or register to post comments