Charges dismissed against Chicago man

URBANA — Charges have been dismissed against a Chicago man accused of predatory criminal sexual assault of a 5-year-old girl.

Assistant States Attorney Duke Harris said all charges were dropped on Monday against Ladareen D. Crosby, 28, who listed an address in Chicago, because prosecutors did not believe the charges were provable beyond a reasonable doubt.

Crosby had been arrested after the girl told relatives the man had assaulted her in her home on two separate occasions between January and April 2009.

Comments

News-Gazette.com embraces discussion of both community and world issues. We welcome you to contribute your ideas, opinions and comments, but we ask that you avoid personal attacks, vulgarity and hate speech. We reserve the right to remove any comment at our discretion, and we will block repeat offenders' accounts. To post comments, you must first be a registered user, and your username will appear with any comment you post. Happy posting.

Login or register to post comments

Marie wrote on May 21, 2012 at 9:05 pm

I just don't understand!!!!!!!!!!!!

Local Yocal wrote on May 22, 2012 at 8:05 am
Profile Picture

The prosecutor had no physical evidence, no photographs, no other witnesses to the alleged acts, only the word of an 8 year-old whose parents may have been refusing to allow her to testify. How do you prove beyond a reasonable doubt to a jury?