No one hurt in overnight Danville house fire

No one hurt in overnight Danville house fire

DANVILLE — Fire officials are investigating a blaze that damaged a house early Friday morning.

Firefighters were called to the fire at 849 E. Seminary St. at 3:46 a.m. When they arrived, moderate smoke was coming from the one-story wood-frame structure, Capt. Todd Spicer said.

Spicer said the house, owned by Farren Realty Group, was occupied at the time, but everyone got out and no one was injured.

The fire apparently started in a front bedroom. "It was later determined to be a bed burning," Spicer said, adding the incident is still under investigation.

He said firefighters brought the blaze under control in about 10 minutes. They stayed on the scene for about an hour.

Damage was estimated at about $5,000.

Comments embraces discussion of both community and world issues. We welcome you to contribute your ideas, opinions and comments, but we ask that you avoid personal attacks, vulgarity and hate speech. We reserve the right to remove any comment at our discretion, and we will block repeat offenders' accounts. To post comments, you must first be a registered user, and your username will appear with any comment you post. Happy posting.

Login or register to post comments