No people reported hurt in house fire in Bement

No people reported hurt in house fire in Bement

BEMENT— No people were reported hurt in a house fire Friday afternoon in Bement.

Firefighters from Bement, Monticello, Hammond and Ivesdale were sent to a fire at 549 Plum St., Bement, at about 3:30 p.m. Friday.

According to Bement fire officials, the fire originated in the kitchen near the stove.

There were three pets in the home. Two survived thanks to aid from emergency medical technicians. One did not.

Bement fire officials said upon arriving, the kitchen was engulfed and flames were shooting out window on north side of the home. The fire was contained to mostly the kitchen and dining area.

Fire officials said it was too early to determine an exact cause.

Comments embraces discussion of both community and world issues. We welcome you to contribute your ideas, opinions and comments, but we ask that you avoid personal attacks, vulgarity and hate speech. We reserve the right to remove any comment at our discretion, and we will block repeat offenders' accounts. To post comments, you must first be a registered user, and your username will appear with any comment you post. Happy posting.

Login or register to post comments