Veterans eligible for high school diploma

Veterans eligible for high school diploma

DANVILLE — World War II, Korean and Vietnam veterans who left an Illinois high school before receiving a diploma are eligible to receive a diploma from their home high school.

If any eligible veterans who attended Danville High School withdrew before graduation wish to receive their diploma, they should contact registrar Nancy Van Vickle at 444-1507 or Danville High School, 202 E. Fairchild St., Danville, IL, 61832.

A copy of an honorable discharge paper is required, and a transcript will be ordered from the school's records office. After all documents are in order, a diploma will be made available.

Veterans can choose to receive their diploma at Danville High's annual Salute to Veterans Concert, which will be held at 7 p.m. May 16, at the Dick Van Dyke Auditorium. However, they may receive their diploma in private, if they would prefer.

Sections (2):News, Local
Topics (1):Education

Comments embraces discussion of both community and world issues. We welcome you to contribute your ideas, opinions and comments, but we ask that you avoid personal attacks, vulgarity and hate speech. We reserve the right to remove any comment at our discretion, and we will block repeat offenders' accounts. To post comments, you must first be a registered user, and your username will appear with any comment you post. Happy posting.

Login or register to post comments