2011 FOIA for Champaign council's text messages, emails during meetings

Original request filed under the Illinois Freedom of Information Act:

July 15, 2011

Attn: Marilyn Banks

City of Champaign

102 N. Neil St.

Champaign, IL 61820

Ms. Banks:

This is a request for information under the Illinois Freedom of Information Act, 5 ILCS 140. I am seeking the following records:

All electronic communications, including cellphone text messages, sent and received by members of the city council and the mayor during city council meetings and study sessions since (and including) May 3. Please note that this request applies to both city-issued and personal cellphones, city-issued or personal email addresses and Twitter accounts.

I request electronic copies of this information to be e-mailed to me at pwade@news-gazette.com. If you wish to charge any fees for copying or digitizing documents in excess of 50 pages, please contact me. I ask that you waive any fees or charges associated with this search as this is for news gathering purposes and is in the public interest.

Under Illinois state law, you have five business days to respond to this request upon its receipt. Please contact me if you wish to invoke an extension of your time allotment.

You may reach me by phone, 217-351-5370, or by e-mail, pwade@news-gazette.com. Please feel free to contact me for any reason, especially if you seek clarification of my request.

Thank you,

Patrick Wade

Reporter, The News-Gazette

Sections (2):News, Local

Comments

News-Gazette.com embraces discussion of both community and world issues. We welcome you to contribute your ideas, opinions and comments, but we ask that you avoid personal attacks, vulgarity and hate speech. We reserve the right to remove any comment at our discretion, and we will block repeat offenders' accounts. To post comments, you must first be a registered user, and your username will appear with any comment you post. Happy posting.

Login or register to post comments