Fire in Urbana causes estimated $15,000 damage

Fire in Urbana causes estimated $15,000 damage

URBANA — An early evening fire caused an estimated $15,000 damage to an Urbana business on Thursday.

Nobody was hurt.

According to an Urbana Fire Department report, firefighters were called to Hedrick Precision Engines, 2510 North Shore Drive, at 6:30 p.m.

When firefighters arrived, they found smoke coming from an outside wall.

The business was closed, and the only reported person in the building escaped without injury. No firefighters were hurt.

Firefighters found a fire in the kitchen area on the second floor and put out the fire by 6:35 p.m. They left the scene by 7:30 p.m.

The fire is believed to have started from spontaneous combustion due to heat beating down on a window, according to the report.

Sections (2):News, Local

Comments

News-Gazette.com embraces discussion of both community and world issues. We welcome you to contribute your ideas, opinions and comments, but we ask that you avoid personal attacks, vulgarity and hate speech. We reserve the right to remove any comment at our discretion, and we will block repeat offenders' accounts. To post comments, you must first be a registered user, and your username will appear with any comment you post. Happy posting.

Login or register to post comments