Police seek two in Champaign shooting
CHAMPAIGN — Champaign police need help finding two men believed to be involved in a north Champaign shooting late last month.
Sgt. David Griffet said police are looking for Anton M. Clark, 22, and Jordan Brooks, 25, both of Champaign, in connection with a July 28 shooting in the 1200 block of North Carver Drive.
Although no one was hit by gunfire in the afternoon shooting, a 15-year-old girl was hit with glass fragments when a storm door in her home shattered. Police found a gun in the backyard of one of the homes hit by gunfire.
Police said the shooting came after an argument by two men who fled, one on a motorcycle and another in a car.
Police said Clark's last known address was in the 1200 block of North Carver Drive, the same block where the shooting happened. Brooks' last known address was in the 1700 block of West Clark Street in Champaign.
Both men were criminally charged on July 30 and bond on their arrest warrants was set at $1 million each.
Clark is charged with being an armed habitual criminal and aggravated discharge of a firearm. Brooks is charged with aggravated unlawful use of weapons and aggravated discharge of a firearm.
If you have any information on their whereabouts, call Crimestoppers at 217-373-8477 or you can leave tips anonymously online at http://www.373tips.com or by texting the keyword "CCTIP" plus the information to 274637 (CRIMES).
Crimestoppers will pay up to $1,000 for information leading to arrests.