Cause determined in Champaign apartment fire

Cause determined in Champaign apartment fire

The improper disposal of smoking materials has been determined as the cause of a fire last week at a Champaign apartment.

Firefighters were called to the building at 1510 Grandview Drive last Thursday evening when a neighbor saw smoke coming out from underneath the door.  Firefighters found smoke and a small fire in the apartment when they arrived.

They were able to rescue an occupant from the apartment.  Fire officials said he was treated for minor smoke inhalation at a local hospital.  

Sections (2):News, Local

Comments embraces discussion of both community and world issues. We welcome you to contribute your ideas, opinions and comments, but we ask that you avoid personal attacks, vulgarity and hate speech. We reserve the right to remove any comment at our discretion, and we will block repeat offenders' accounts. To post comments, you must first be a registered user, and your username will appear with any comment you post. Happy posting.

Login or register to post comments