Cooking fire displaces residents

Cooking fire displaces residents

CHAMPAIGN — Champaign firefighters quickly doused a stove fire in a west Champaign apartment early Saturday.

But the fire at 2560 W. Springfield Ave. about 5:50 a.m. was smoky enough that the residents will have to go somewhere else for a while, said Champaign Fire Capt. John Barker.

Barker said the fire extended into cabinets nearby. No one was injured, but there was smoke throughout the apartment, he said. He did not have a damage estimate.

Firefighters were there about 30 minutes.

 

Sections (2):News, Local

Comments

News-Gazette.com embraces discussion of both community and world issues. We welcome you to contribute your ideas, opinions and comments, but we ask that you avoid personal attacks, vulgarity and hate speech. We reserve the right to remove any comment at our discretion, and we will block repeat offenders' accounts. To post comments, you must first be a registered user, and your username will appear with any comment you post. Happy posting.

Login or register to post comments