Red Cross helping residents displaced by fire in Danville

DANVILLE - The Red Cross provided assistance to residents displaced by an apartment fire at the Green Meadows apartment complex in Danville.

The fire call came in at 5:39 p.m. Monday at Green Meadows, 1604 Edgewood, Danville. Public Safety Director Larry Thomason said the fire started in one of the apartment units where food was left on the stove. He said Danville firefighters quickly brought the fire under control but the unit where the fire started suffered heavy damage, and the neighboring units experienced water and smoke damage.

Thomason said all residents were out of the building safely when the fire department arrived, and no one was injured.

According to the Red Cross, the fire affected five apartment units, and volunteers assisted affected residents, providing shelter, food and clothing.

Sections (2):News, Local

Comments

News-Gazette.com embraces discussion of both community and world issues. We welcome you to contribute your ideas, opinions and comments, but we ask that you avoid personal attacks, vulgarity and hate speech. We reserve the right to remove any comment at our discretion, and we will block repeat offenders' accounts. To post comments, you must first be a registered user, and your username will appear with any comment you post. Happy posting.

Login or register to post comments