No injuries reported in Fisher house fire

No injuries reported in Fisher house fire

FISHER — Investigators from the state fire marshal’s office say that electrical issues likely caused a fire at a Fisher home on Sunday morning.

Nobody was reported hurt.

Sangamon Valley Fire Chief Eric Stalter said that firefighters were called to a single story house at 204 S. First St., Fisher, at 7:15 a.m.

Firefighters from the Rantoul, Cornbelt and Gibson City fire departments provided mutual aid, and Pro Ambulance was at the scene.

When firefighters arrived, they found fire in the back portion of the house, with fire in a back room and on part of the roof.

Nobody was at home at the time of the fire, according to Stalter.

The owner of the home was listed as Richie Hill, according to the report.

Firefighters had the fire under control by 7:55 a.m. and left the scene at 9:15 a.m.

Total damage was estimated at $60,000, according to Stalter.

Sections (2):News, Local

Comments embraces discussion of both community and world issues. We welcome you to contribute your ideas, opinions and comments, but we ask that you avoid personal attacks, vulgarity and hate speech. We reserve the right to remove any comment at our discretion, and we will block repeat offenders' accounts. To post comments, you must first be a registered user, and your username will appear with any comment you post. Happy posting.

Login or register to post comments