No one injured in fire in rural Sadorus

No one injured in fire in rural Sadorus

SADORUS — Nobody was reported hurt in a fire in rural Sadorus on Monday afternoon.

Sadorus Fire Chief Marc Eckerty said firefighters were called to a home at 438 County Road 600 N about 3:45 p.m. Monday.

Firefighters from the Ivesdale Fire Department provided mutual-aid support.

When firefighters arrived, they found fire coming from a chimney in the one-and-a-half story home. Nobody was inside the home. Eckerty said a woman was in the yard when she saw the fire and called 911.

Firefighters had the fire under control by 4:15 p.m. and left the scene by 4:45 p.m.

Eckerty said the fire began when the chimney caught on fire. He said there was minor damage to the chimney.

Sections (2):News, Local

Comments

News-Gazette.com embraces discussion of both community and world issues. We welcome you to contribute your ideas, opinions and comments, but we ask that you avoid personal attacks, vulgarity and hate speech. We reserve the right to remove any comment at our discretion, and we will block repeat offenders' accounts. To post comments, you must first be a registered user, and your username will appear with any comment you post. Happy posting.

Login or register to post comments