Man cleared after accuser admits lying

Man cleared after accuser admits lying

CHAMPAIGN — The state’s attorney says she won’t file abduction charges against a 22-year-old Champaign man after the alleged victim “admitted that she was not being truthful.”
 
Kyle Allbright had been arrested Friday, accused of temporarily abducting a 13-year-old girl and forcing her to perform a sex act in his car two days earlier.
 
But after reviewing reports of the case Tuesday, Champaign County State’s Attorney Julia Rietz decided not to pursue charges against him.
 
The alleged victim changed her story “multiple times,” Rietz said, “then admitted that she was not truthful about major aspects of the story.”
 
The girl’s accounts of the incident were not supported by independent witnesses, Rietz added.
 
Champaign police had announced Allbright’s arrest on child abduction charges via news release late Friday afternoon.
Sections (2):News, Local

Comments

Comments for this post are inactive.