No injuries in kitchen fire in Rantoul

No injuries in kitchen fire in Rantoul

RANTOUL — A Rantoul woman and her young son escaped without injury when a fire broke out in the kitchen of their home Thursday afternoon.

Taylor Huss and her toddler son were at home at 1144 Bel Air Drive when fire broke out, Fire Chief Ken Waters said.

"She accidently turned on the wrong burner on her stove. It flashed on her, burned the cabinets (and caused) a lot of smoke and soot damage."

The cabinets were on fire when firefighters arrived about 1 p.m. One cabinet had to be torn out, Waters said.

The fire chief estimated damage at $5,000.

Eight firefighters responded to the call.

The home is owned by R&R Rentals.

Sections (2):News, Local

Comments

News-Gazette.com embraces discussion of both community and world issues. We welcome you to contribute your ideas, opinions and comments, but we ask that you avoid personal attacks, vulgarity and hate speech. We reserve the right to remove any comment at our discretion, and we will block repeat offenders' accounts. To post comments, you must first be a registered user, and your username will appear with any comment you post. Happy posting.

Login or register to post comments