UPDATED: no injuries in house fire in north Champaign

UPDATED: no injuries in house fire in north Champaign

UPDATE:

The Champaign Fire Department says Friday night's blaze at 2 Hanover Court Unit A was an accidental cooking fire. No one was hurt, but the residents are displaced.

**

CHAMPAIGN — Firefighters were on the scene of a fire Friday evening at a duplex in north Champaign.

Flames were showing when crews arrived about 7:25 p.m. to the home in the unit block of Hanover Court.

As of 8:25 p.m., crews were still clearing the scene, but the fire had been extinguished.

There was no word yet on any injuries.

This is a developing story.

Sections (2):News, Local

Comments

News-Gazette.com embraces discussion of both community and world issues. We welcome you to contribute your ideas, opinions and comments, but we ask that you avoid personal attacks, vulgarity and hate speech. We reserve the right to remove any comment at our discretion, and we will block repeat offenders' accounts. To post comments, you must first be a registered user, and your username will appear with any comment you post. Happy posting.

Login or register to post comments