A couple weeks ago, when we made hypertufa , I convinced Rob to make a mold for a tabletop for a little cast-iron table we keep next to our back door.
I can't exactly remember where the table came from, only that we didn't pay for it. Rob said it was once an aquarium base, but for as long as we've had it, it's been topped with a piece of warped plywood and collecting stray buckets, plant containers and bug spray.
The tabletop looked great with the table, and while it cured, I decided to paint the table red to give it a little extra zing. My philosophy: red paint makes everything better.
I started by washing and sanding it down, then treating the rusty spots with Rustoleum Rust Reformer we bought for our barn door hardware. 
I waited a few days to let that dry, then this weekend sprayed the table down with Rustoleum Gloss Apple Red.
Painting the table was an easy, relatively quick process. But it improves the little table so much. It's no longer an afterthought, and I can't wait to put some sort of cute potted plant (probably next spring) on top of it.