UPDATED 8:05 A.M.
MAHOMET - A man was burned Saturday night as he tried to drag burning items out of his garage.
Cornbelt Fire Protection District Chief Lloyd Galey said firefighters were called to 502 Richard Court, a cul-de-sac west of State Street, just after 10 p.m. to a report of a garage fire.
Galey said the resident, Lee Morrison, was outside the attached garage of the ranch home near items that had been on fire inside the garage. Firefighters quickly put out the fire.
Galey said Morrison was home alone when he heard popping noises in the garage. He looked out and saw something on fire.
Fire Lt. David Parsons said he's still trying to figure out what started the fire and what exactly was on fire but said it appeared accidental. Parsons said Morrison's hands and feet were burned as he tried to deal with the burning items. He was taken to Carle Foundation Hospital and treated and released.
There was "minimal" damage to the garage, Galey said. Firefighters had to check the ceiling for a hot spot.
With the exception of the investigator, firefighters had left the house by 10:45 p.m.