Class 1A regional TITLE GAMES
- Schlarman 45, Armstrong-Potomac 38. At Armstrong, SIERRA BELL’s 23 points led the third-seeded Hilltoppers, who rallied in the second half. ELLA BLACK added 10 points for Schlarman, which outscored A-P 29-21 after the break. ERIKA SIEBERNS led the Trojans with 15 points.
- Fisher 57, Blue Ridge 33. SYDNEY BLACKWELL scored 14 points, CAITLIN COLE had 12 and HANNAH VARNER 11 as the Bunnies looked right at home in Farmer City. KELCIE FREDRICKSON added seven points for Fisher, which led by 14 at the break and advanced to a sectional it will host, starting Monday.
BAILEY CLANCY and JAMISON BRANDT each scored 11 points for the Knights.
- Central A&M 55, Arcola 32. At Moweaqua, third-ranked Central A&M ousted Arcola in the championship game. The Purple Riders (16-11) were led by CARA EDWARDS with 14 points. TAYLOR EDWARDS added nine points.
- LeRoy 45, Ridgeview 37. At Heyworth, LAUREN RUSSELL had 20 points and SHANNON STEFFEN had 11 as the Panthers pulled away in the second half.
- Shiloh 48, Tri-County 41. Lauren Moses scored 19 points and Shelby Smith added 13 as the ninth-rated Raiders hung on in Villa Grove. Betsy Bogle and Bethany McGinness each added eight points in the win. Shiloh has captured regional crowns four of the past six years. Amber Meyer led the Titans with 19 points. AUTUMN MEYER added 10.
n Iroquois West 51, St. Anne 40. MORGAN SMALL scored 13 points as the Raiders broke through. “It’s been something we’ve come up short so many times in years past that to finally get it is a huge relief,” Iroquois West coach KRISTY ARIE said. “The girls played unbelievable tonight and are so deserving of this win.”
Class 2A Regional TITLE GAMES
- Clinton 53, Maroa-Forsyth 33. At Decatur, the Maroons won their first regional crown in 15 years and tied a single-season record for wins set by the 1990-91 team by dispatching its 20-win Okaw Valley rival.
- Watseka 45, Beecher 27. At Hoopeston, Hayley Gray had 15 points for the Warriors, who held Beecher to eight first-half points. Devin Curry added 10 points in the win. Seven players scored in a balanced Watseka attack.
- Sullivan 44, Pana 33. At Tuscola, ELISSA STEWART had 13 points and ASIA MORRISON added 12 points as the Redskins hung on to stun ninth-ranked Pana.
- Central 47, Danville 36. LAURA LITCHFIELD scored 15 points as the Maroons rallied in the second half in Big 12 action. ALEXUS JIMSON-MILLER had 18 points to lead the Vikings,
- Bloomington Central Catholic 58, Prairie Central 37. TORI HERNANDEZ had eight points for the Hawks.
- Danville First Baptist 34, Arthur Okaw Christian 28. Hannah WELLS had 16 points, including three three-pointers, for First Baptist.
- St. Thomas More 58, Watseka 46. STORM JOOP had 16 points, MIKE PLECKI 13 and KEVIN CARROLL 12 for the Sabers, who raced to a 22-11 first-quarter lead.
- First Baptist 62, Decatur Christian 30. JONATHAN GARVER scored a game-high 28 points in the win.