Bismarck-Henning 5, Georgetown-Ridge Farm 2. Playing their first soccer match in school history, the host Blue Devils won behind two goals and one assist by Drake Swinford. Hannah Story contributed two assists for B-H.
Highlights from a busy Tuesday schedule:
In boys’ soccer
- St. Joseph-Ogden 3, Monticello 1. Cameron Harpst scored two goals and assisted on another for the Spartans in a home victory. SJ-O goalkeeper Elliott Idleman made 10 saves, allowing only Zach Armstrong’s second-half goal.
- Hoopeston Area 2, Centennial 0. Andrew Samet and Brennan Crose scored for the visiting Cornjerkers in a shutout win.
- Normal U-High 2, Danville 1. Luis Rubio scored an unassisted goal in the second half for the Vikings in a road loss. Danville goalkeeper Cameron Griffin recorded 10 saves.
- Judah Christian 6, Fisher/GCMS 0. Jake Neethling and Chris ValdOvinos scored two goals apiece for the Tribe in a home victory. Lewis Nisbet and James Krehbiel each contributed a goal and an assist.
- Bismarck-Henning 5, Georgetown-Ridge Farm 2. Playing their first soccer match in school history, the host Blue Devils won behind two goals and one assist by Drake Swinford. Hannah Story contributed two assists for B-H.
- Oakwood 1, Watseka 0. Derek Leverenz’s penalty kick in the first half stood up for the Comets, who won on the road. Tyler Lavoie had five saves for the Warriors.
- St. Teresa 7, Unity 3. Despite a hat trick by Mark Gredy-Myhre, the Rockets fell to the visitors from Decatur.
- Urbana Uni 2, Cornerstone Christian Academy 0. Lydia Mihaly belted seven service aces and Callie Bruce contributed four kills to lead the Illineks to a 25-13, 25-14 win against the visitors from Bloomington.
- Bloomington 2, St. Thomas More 0. Despite double-doubles from Lexi Wallen and Tori McCoy, the Sabers fell 25-20, 31-29 at home. Wallen finished with 12 kills and 17 digs. McCoy had 10 kills and 15 digs. STM’s Katie Gillette added 17 digs.
- Blue Ridge 2, Argenta-Oreana 0. Alexa Jones had four kills and three blocks for the Bombers in a 25-8, 25-18 home loss.
- Watseka 2, Westville 0. The visiting Warriors won 25-23, 25-9 behind Taylor Bauer’s eight kills, four digs and three service aces. Maddie Pfingsten added 17 assists for Watseka.
- Unity 2, LeRoy 0. Lizzy Barnard had eight kills and nine digs to lift the Rockets to a 26-24, 25-13 home win. Madi Clark contributed five service aces and nine digs to the victory. LAUREN KIRBY chipped in four kills and three blocks for the Rockets, who got four aces and nine digs from BECCA MAXWELL. Kayle Beadles led the Panthers with 12 digs.
- Tuscola 2, Shiloh 0. Brooke Little’s eight kills and seven digs propelled the Warriors to a 25-19, 27-25 home victory. Hannah Scribner added seven kills and Anna Watson had seven digs for Tuscola. Shiloh’s Bethany McGinness recorded four blocks.
- Heyworth 2, Monticello 1. Allie Hislope had five kills and three blocks for the Sages in a 25-17, 22-25, 25-19 road loss. Rowan Crozier added four kills and five blocks for Monticello.
In boys’ golf
- At Danville. Daison Harris shot a 44 to fend off several contenders for medalist honors and lead Watseka to victory in a three-team meet at Harrison Park Golf Course. Harris finished 1 stroke ahead of teammate Nathan Schroeder and Westville’s Brian Cundiff. Watseka edged runner-up Westville 187-190.
- At Rantoul, Cody Bauman fired a 39 to claim medalist honors by 3 strokes and lead Rantoul/PBL to a 173-205 victory against Fisher at Brookhill Golf Course. Teammate Keegan Brooks placed second. Jakob Hobbs (49) led Fisher.
- At Momence. Shane Irby shot a 44 for Cissna Park, which finished second in a three-team meet at South Shore Golf Club.
In girls’ golf
- At Savoy. Lindsey Wisniewski of Centennial and Caroline Dodds of St. Thomas More finished in a three-way tie for third place in a three-team meet at the University of Illinois Blue Golf Course. The pair shot 48s — 4 strokes off the pace. Bloomington Central Catholic won with a 187 total. STM (206) was second, 3 shots ahead of Centennial.
- At Mahomet. Led by medalist Lexus Hornsby, Mahomet-Seymour posted three sub-50 scores and fended off Mattoon to win a three-team meet at Lake of the Woods Golf Course. Hornsby shot a 44, Emily Trolia a 47, and Maddie Birckbichler a 49 for the Bulldogs, who defeated the Green Wave 196-202. Emmalee Hortenstine led third-place Sullivan with a 47.
In girls’ tennis
- Centennial 9, Bloomington 0. Willa Olson at No. 4 singles and Gressa Olson at No. 5 singles did not lose a game as the Chargers rolled to a home victory. The Olsons also combined for a 6-0, 6-0 win at No. 1 doubles.
- Normal West 6, St. Thomas More 3. Ellen Sobeski, Lauren To and Elizabeth Franey won singles matches for the Sabers in a loss at Atkins Tennis Center in Urbana.