URBANA – Several streets in the campus area will be closed Friday evening for the University of Illinois Homecoming parade. The parade begins at 6 p.m.; the following streets will be closed beginning at 5:30 p.m.:
– Sixth Street between Peabody Drive and Armory Avenue.
– Armory between Sixth and Wright streets.
– Wright between Armory and Green Street.
– Daniels Street between Sixth and Wright streets.
– Green between Wright and Goodwin Avenue.
– Mathews Avenue between Green and Nevada Street.
The parade starts at Sixth Street and Taft Drive in Champaign and continues north on Sixth, then east on Armory, north on Wright, east on Green and south on Mathews, where the parade will end.
Parking will not be allowed on the streets on the parade route.