CHAMPAIGN — Champaign fire officials say an electrician was injured this morning while working at the new Champaign County YMCA construction site.
Lieutenant Darrell Carlson said the man was working in the mechanical room in the northwest corner of the facility at 2501 Fields South Drive around 10:40 a.m. when he received an electric shock.
Carlson said the man has possible flash burns to his eyes and forearms, but was conscious and alert.
The man was taken to Carle Foundation Hospital in Urbana. His name was not available and his condition is not yet known.