5 O'Clock Shadow

To see an updated list of the Class of 2011, click here.

Donovonn Young is his on his way. Or he will be on Friday. The running back from Katy, Texas, who watched the Illini at the Texas Bowl, will make his official visit to the school this weekend.

Young missed a bulk of his junior season with a broken foot, but rebounded to gain 2,300 yards and score 39 touchdowns for a state quarterfinalist in 2010. His coach, Gary Joseph, said schools are missing out on Young, an academic all-state pick who could have easily gone over 3,000 yards. He didn't play in the fourth quater of most Katy games.

Comments

News-Gazette.com embraces discussion of both community and world issues. We welcome you to contribute your ideas, opinions and comments, but we ask that you avoid personal attacks, vulgarity and hate speech. We reserve the right to remove any comment at our discretion, and we will block repeat offenders' accounts. To post comments, you must first be a registered user, and your username will appear with any comment you post. Happy posting.

Login or register to post comments

illinifaningeorgia wrote on January 21, 2011 at 7:01 pm

For what it's worth, the kid is a 3-star recruit, the 108th best running back, and, according to ESPN, gave a verbal to Illinois. He also considered North Texas.

Zentrails wrote on January 22, 2011 at 3:01 pm

I hope ESPN is right!

Sounds like we got a good one. And it's nice that he got to see a bowl win and a winning season by his future team.

I see the team moving up from now on as long as we can hold onto Vic and Paul.

I'd much rather see Zook go than either of those two.

kfj wrote on January 22, 2011 at 7:01 pm

Welcome to Illinois!