5 O'Clock Shadow

5 O'Clock Shadow

Asmussen's chat transcript

Photos of O'Toole at June's 7-on-7 camp in Champaign

Werner's February blog on O'Toole

News you can't leave work without:

Reilly O'Toole is the fifth Class of 2011 prospect to commit to Illinois and the third in-state commitment. The Wheaton Warrenville South quarterback said he doesn't share the feelings of some recruits who are concerned about the UI coaching staff's job security.

"Well, if they win, they'll stay. Usually that happens," O'Toole said. "They're real confident about what's going to happen. They're real confident that they're going to win some games, and they're real confident they'll be there for a while."

O'Toole said that like Chandler Whitmer, he'll hit the recruiting trail to add more top in-state prospects, including Joliet Catholic athlete Josh Ferguson and
Benet Academy offensive lineman Pat Flavin.

"I'll probably reach out to some kids," O'Toole said. "If I get to know some kids, it'll be easier to make some calls. I think it's huge to get the best
players at your school because you always want the best."

Comments

News-Gazette.com embraces discussion of both community and world issues. We welcome you to contribute your ideas, opinions and comments, but we ask that you avoid personal attacks, vulgarity and hate speech. We reserve the right to remove any comment at our discretion, and we will block repeat offenders' accounts. To post comments, you must first be a registered user, and your username will appear with any comment you post. Happy posting.

Login or register to post comments