Check out our men's outlook here
News you can't leave work without:
Staff writer Jeff Huth's top Illini women's track and field candidates to advance out of the NCAA West Preliminary Round of Championship, which begins today in Eugene, Ore.
1. Tamika Robinson. Looking to become All-American in 100 hurdles for second straight year.
2. Stephanie Morgan. Baylor transfer broke 20-year-old Drake Relays record in 1,500.
3. 400 relay. Big Ten runner-up foursome of Cheria Morgan, Ashley Kelly, Kayla Smith and Tamika Robinson seeded ninth.
4. Chantelle Groenewoud. Second-fastest steeplechaser in team history placed second in Big Ten.
5. Ashley Kelly. Big Ten runner-up in 200, 400 also scheduled to run in two relays.