Thursday's highlights: Blackman powers Urbana soccer
– ADAM BLACKMAN scored two goals and had an assist, leading Urbana to a 3-0 victory against visiting Charleston. JULIAN THRELKELD recorded three saves for the Tigers (5-1), who won their third in a row. MIGUEL FIERRO also scored for Urbana.
– LUIS CANO and BEN FLODSTROM scored two goals apiece for Centennial in a 7-0 victory at Decatur Eisenhower. LONNIE BARNES had a goal and two assists. ANDREW DRACKLEY made four saves in his third shutout of the season.
– A hat trick by PATRICK WONG boosted Urbana University High to a 6-1 road victory against Decatur Christian. Wong also had two assists. CONRAD SCHLOER had two goals and an assist for the Illineks.
– CALEB TONKINSON had both of Mahomet-Seymour's goals in a 5-2 loss to visiting Normal University High.
– KRAIG VAN WIERINGEN and BRANDON CLAPP scored for Hoopeston Area in a 2-0 victory against visiting Oakwood.
– PATRICK MANNON's hat trick propelled Unity to a 3-1 victory against Iroquois West at Tolono. RYAN REITMEYER had seven saves for the Rockets.
– Monticello defeated host Sullivan/Lovington 4-0 behind NATE LAWRENCE's goal and two assists. DREW SCHUMACHER added a goal and an assist for the Sages. JOSH SCHUMACHER had two saves in the win.
– JORDAN SIZEMORE scored four goals, leading Fisher/GCMS to a 5-1 victory against visiting Olympia.
– A hat trick and an assist by ADAM PELLEGRINI lifted Schlarman to a 5-3 victory against Salt Fork at Danville. STEPHEN SCHLECHT scored twice for the Hilltoppers. COLTON PARR had two goals, both unassisted, and an assist for the Storm.
– MORGAN LEACH and KELLY WACHTEL had five kills apiece for Centennial in a 25-21, 25-7 road victory against Springfield Sacred Heart-Griffin. LINDSAY ROGAN contributed four kills and 10 assists for the Chargers.
– SAMANTHA STOLLER's seven kills and six blocks led CPCI to a 25-19, 25-18 victory against Judah Christian at Champaign.
– BAYLEE O'DONNELL had five kills and ABBIE MAGRINI totaled 11 digs for Mahomet-Seymour in a 25-21, 25-19 loss to visiting Eureka.
– BRIELLE JONES and MIKAYLA JONES each had nine kills, leading DeLand-Weldon to a 25-9, 25-12 home victory against Buckley Christ Lutheran. ALEXIS DICK contributed three service aces to the win. ANDREA DeBELLA had 16 digs for Christ Lutheran.
– Blue Ridge improved to 8-0 with a 20-25, 25-22, 25-17 road victory against Tremont behind KAITLYN ZELHART's 20 kills, eight digs and three blocks. JACQUELYN O'NEAL added eight digs and four service aces for the Knights.
– ASHLEY GLAHN had eight digs and AMANDA McCOLLOM five kills for Villa Grove in a 25-17, 25-20 loss to visiting Okaw Valley.
– TAYLOR POGGENDORF and TAYLOR PIATT combined for 25 digs for Westville in a 25-17, 25-16 loss to visiting Hoopeston Area.
– ALEXA JONES had three kills and three blocks in Argenta-Oreana's 25-15, 25-21 loss to visiting Decatur Lutheran.
– HANNAH DAVIS had six kills and Karly Goodman finished with seven digs and two service aces for Arthur in a 26-24, 25-21 loss to visiting Arcola.
– Despite six blocks, eight digs and three kills by JENNI ROMACK, Bement lost to visiting Heritage 25-19, 26-24. KAYLA WILMAS had nine digs and two service aces for the Bulldogs.
– OLIVIA DOWNS racked up 26 digs for Fisher in a 25-22, 25-23 loss to host El Paso-Gridley. TAYLOR JEAN had 15 assists for the Bunnies.
– Salt Fork improved to 6-1 with a 25-7, 25-8 victory against host Georgetown-Ridge Farm. HEATHER BAKER had nine kills, three blocks and two service aces for the Storm. MEGAN McCORD added six service aces, 11 digs and five kills in the win.
– STEPHANIE HOWELL had 4.5 blocks for LeRoy in a 25-15, 25-18 loss to Tri-Valley at Downs. MARY KLINE contributed 12 digs for the Panthers.
– PBL improved to 4-2 with a 25-18, 25-10 road victory against Iroquois West. ALLISON PERKINSON had six kills and two blocks for the Panthers. HALEY PENCE finished with three blocks for IW.
– Tri-County defeated visiting Cerro Gordo 26-24, 23-25, 25-20 behind Amber Meyer's 35 assists and 14 digs. KATHLEEN WHITE had 12 kills in the win. LEAH HENRICKS had six kills and four blocks for Cerro Gordo.
– CHELSEA WEARY had 12 digs for Armstrong-Potomac in a 25-18, 25-22 loss to host Milford.
– Despite MAKENZIE BAKER's 14 kills and seven digs, Oakwood lost 21-25, 25-13, 25-10 to visiting Chrisman. KAYLEE MORMAN had 36 assists for the Comets.
– Watseka defeated host Momence 25-23, 25-15 behind KATHERINE GRIMES' 12 digs and JESSICA ALLHANDS' 10 kills.
– Clinton fell to visiting Mount Pulaski 25-23, 25-17 despite 15 digs by SHANAE RITTER. MORGAN HICKMAN added four blocks and six digs for the Maroons.
– AUDREY RODAWIG won two individual events and swam on two first-place relays for Centennial in a 104-82 victory against visiting Bloomington. Rodawig captured the 100-yard butterfly and 100 backstroke, and contributed to wins in the 200 medley and 200 freestyle relays. LAURIE JEFFERSON also finished first in two individual events, diving and 50 freestyle.
– ALLISON HANSEN won at No. 1 singles and combined with SANJANA ANIL for a victory at No. 2 doubles, leading Centennial to a 7-2 triumph against Champaign Central at Morrissey Park in Champaign. SAMANTHA EMERY contributed to both of Central's team points, with tiebreaker wins at No. 3 singles and at No. 1 double with NELLI GOLMEEVA.
– Danville did not drop a set in singles while rolling to a 9-0 victory against visiting Rantoul. RACHAEL LEWIS won at No. 1 singles, while EMMA PECK and BETHANY SEXTON combined for a 6-0, 6-1 victory at No. 1 doubles.
– MIRANDA FACER and JENNIFER HART each contributed singles and doubles wins to Urbana's 6-3 victory against visiting Watseka. LAUREN WATTS earned the win at No. 1 singles for Watseka.
– MADDIE BAILLON and MARA FALLON won at No. 1 doubles for St. Thomas More in a 6-3 loss to visiting Mattoon. JIWON YOON and STEPHANIE AGUAS each earned singles tiebreaker wins for the Sabers' other team points.
– Monticello swept the top five places for a perfect team score of 15 in a dual meet against visiting Tuscola. ALEX FURCICH won in 17 minutes, 41 seconds – 48 seconds in front of runner-up ALEX ROMINE.
– MATT AVENATTI (16:59) edged runner-up JESSE HAHNE of Schlarman by two seconds, leading Chrisman/Georgetown-Ridge Farm to the title of a three-team meet at Forest Glen. Chrisman/G-RF scored 22 points to outdistance Bismarck-Henning (34).
– LISA PONDER (20:50) and SUSAN PONDER (21:54) finished 1-2 for Tuscola in an unscored dual meet at Monticello. HANNAH REMMERT (21:57) was the Sages' top finisher, in third.
– SETH TROLIA (36) edge teammate GRANT DUKEMAN by 2 shots for medalist honors, leading Mahomet-Seymour to a 24-stroke victory in a three-team meet at Indian Creek Golf and Country Club in Fairbury. KYLER HOFFMAN (41) was the top scorer for second-place Prairie Central.
– MYLES ROOSEVELT shot a team-best 43 for third-place Champaign Central in a three-team meet at the Ironhorse Golf Course in Tuscola. Tuscola won by a 9-shot margin over Effingham St. Anthony.
– JORDAN KING of Schlarman shot a 41 for medalist honors, but Westville defeated the Hilltoppers 205-214 in a dual match at Danville Country Club. BRYCE COX and JACOB BARNARD each carded 49s to lead Westville.
– BRANDON BRONKE shot a 6-over 42 to take medalist honors and led LeRoy to a 6-stroke victory in a three-team meet at LeRoy Country Club. CURTIS GHENT led runner-up Blue Ridge with a 47.
– JACKIE DUFFY of Prairie Central shot a 48 to share medalist honors in a three-team meet at the Pontiac Elks Golf Course. The Hawks finished second, 2 strokes behind Fieldcrest.