Thursday's prep highlights: Maroons post soccer shutout
– TANNER GOSLIN had 10 saves for Champaign Central in a 2-0 shutout of visiting Bloomington. DINI MUHARREMI and JULIO ZACO scored for the Maroons.
– St. Thomas More remained undefeated with a 2-2 tie against fellow power Blue Ridge at Champaign. JOHN TABB and YOON DONG SHIN scored for the Sabers (10-0-1). J.J. MALONE had an unassisted goal for the Knights (9-1-2). ROBERT SCHLORFF recorded six saves for STM.
– IAN PARK's hat trick, with each score unassisted, led Hoopeston Area/Bismarck-Henning to a 4-2 victory against Salt Fork/Westville at Catlin. SETH TALBOTT had the other goal for the Cornjerkers (6-2-1), who led 4-1 after the first half. DILLON EIGHNER had seven saves in the win. THOMAS JORDAN and COLTON PARR scored for the Storm.
– JORDAN SIZEMORE's two goals and two assists boosted Fisher-GCMS to a 4-1 victory against visiting St. Joseph-Ogden. GABE VENEGAS also scored twice for Fisher-GCMS, while teammate JARED CLARK contributed two assists.
– LOGAN CRONK scored twice to lead Oakwood to a 5-0 victory against visiting Georgetown-Ridge Farm.
– MATT ZUCKERMANN's hat trick gave Judah Christian a 3-0 halftime lead and the Tribe went on to a 5-0 victory against visiting Mount Pulaski. Goalkeeper CHRIS HUGGETT scored on a corner kick for Judah Christian (2-5-1).
– DREW SCHUMACHER and JACOB HANSELMAN scored unassisted goals and JOSH SCHUMACHER recorded five saves for Monticello in a 2-0 victory against visiting Unity.
– Urbana University High improved to 11-0-1 with a 2-0 victory against Schlarman at Danville. ALEX MESTRE and PATRICK WONG scored for the Illineks.
– Mahomet-Seymour rallied past visiting Rantoul 24-26, 25-15, 25-21 behind EMMA CABUTTI's 12 kills, 15 digs and three service aces. ABBIE MAGRINI had 16 digs for the Bulldogs, while MAKENZIE HARTMAN and ALYSSA DROLLINGER added seven and six blocks, respectively. Rantoul was led by MEGAN CASEY's 15 digs and MAGGIE DANIELS' five blocks.
– ERIN WIENKE had 10 digs and five service aces, leading Heritage to a 25-18, 25-15 road victory against Okaw Valley. MARIAH COLEMAN contributed nine kills in the win.
– EMILY HUFFORD had seven blocks for Bismarck-Henning in a 25-9, 25-9 victory against visiting Milford. LAUREN McKENZIE added four service aces for the Blue Devils.
– SHELBY GEERS' seven blocks and eight kills led St. Joseph-Ogden to a 25-14, 26-24 victory against host CPCI. AUDRA JAMES added 17 digs in the win. SAMANTHA STOLLER had seven digs, four kills and three blocks for CPCI.
– HANNAH JOHLAS had three digs for Urbana University High in a 25-18, 25-9 loss at Fisher.
– BAILEE DUNLAP's 11 kills and six service aces propelled Judah Christian to a 22-25, 27-25, 25-11 win against DeLand-Weldon. EMILY GEWIRTZ contributed 14 digs and BETH KING 10 kills to the win. ROWAN CROZIER had 19 assists and five service aces for D-W. MIKAYLA JONES led the hosts in kills with eight.
– DANA MITCHELL's 23 assists and PAIGE THEVENIN's 13 kills lifted Chrisman to a 25-22, 19-25, 25-19 victory against visiting Westville.
– LINDSEY TROIKE had 10 kills and OLIVIA MORRIS 10 digs, leading Tuscola to a 25-21, 25-22 win against visiting Unity.
– GCMS defeated Flanagan 25-20, 25-15 behind ABBI WOOLUMS' seven kills and six blocks. JAYMI NETTLETON had seven kills and six digs for the Falcons.
– JENNI ROMACK had 10 blocks and seven kills, leading Bement to a 25-21, 25-22 home victory against Arcola. TAYLOR WEGRICH added nine digs in the win. CHRISTINE FORTNEY had 11 kills and CARA EDWARDS added six kills and three blocks for Arcola.
– HALEY WITTS' eight kills and NICHOLE WEEDMAN's five service aces boosted Cerro Gordo to a 25-15, 25-15 victory against visiting Atwood-Hammond.
– KAYLEE MORMAN's 26 assists led Oakwood to a 23-25, 25-14, 25-21 win against visiting Georgetown-Ridge Farm.
– Salt Fork improved to 13-1 with a 25-14, 25-23 victory against host Armstrong-Potomac. HEATHER BAKER had 11 kills for the Storm, which rallied from a 23-20 deficit in the second set. MEGAN McCORD added seven kills and 15 digs for Salt Fork, while teammate MADDISON STUTSMAN contributed 19 assists. SHAUNA WEARY had 12 digs for A-P.
– LIA TEMPLEMAN's 12 digs and KIA COMBES' 10 kills lifted Monticello to a 24-26, 25-19, 25-13 road victory against Meridian. JAIMEY WATROUS had 20 assists for the Sages.
– Schlarman rallied past Hoopeston Area 13-25, 25-13, 25-20 behind SERENA CALHOUN's 11 kills, four blocks and eight digs at Danville. LYNZIE FIELDS had 12 digs for the Hilltoppers.
– Blue Ridge improved to 14-1 with a 25-22, 19-25, 25-21 victory against visiting El Paso-Gridley. JADE O'NEAL had 14 digs and three service aces for the Knights, while teammate KAITLYN ZELHART added 16 kills.
– SARAH OPRONDEK had four kills and MADDIE BOUNDS two blocks for Prairie Central in a 25-17, 25-16 loss to Bloomington Central Catholic at Fairbury.
– Shelbyville handed visiting Sullivan a 25-13, 25-20 loss despite TABITHA DAVIS' five kills and three digs for the Redskins.
– SARAH BENNETT had three digs and one service ace for Villa Grove in a 25-12, 23-13 loss to visiting Martinsville.
— KAITLIN HUPP had seven digs and HANNAH MILLINGTON three service aces for Argenta-Oreana in a 25-16, 25-15 loss to host Maroa-Forsyth.
– LIZZY DOMBROSKI (41) and MADISON WHITE (47) finished 1-2, leading Centennial to the title of a three-team meet at Lincoln. The Chargers had 191 strokes, to 204 by Lincoln and 225 by Champaign Central. JANE CHOO was the Maroons' low scorer, fifth overall with a 51.
– Mahomet-Seymour finished fourth in the 13-team Livingston County Invitational at Wolf Creek Golf Course in Pontiac. CHARLOTTE GOSS led the Bulldogs with an 84 to finish fourth, 3 strokes behind the medalist.
– Medalist KELSEY GALLIVAN shot a 42 and MEGAN DEEDRICH had a 43 for St. Thomas More in a 190-240 romp past Iroquois West at Urbana Country Club.
– Blue Ridge's AMBER TSEVELEKOS tied for second place with a 47 as the Knights lost a dual meet against El Paso-Gridley 191-207 at Woodlawn Country Club in Farmer City. Tsevelekos finished 7 shots behind the medalist.
– MEGAN GRIMES of Hoopeston Area and COURTNEY LaFOE of Salt Fork tied for medalist honors with 55s in an unscored dual meet at Hubbard Trail Country Club in Hoopeston.
– GARRETT COX and SETH TROLIA shared medalist honors with 37s, leading Mahomet-Seymour to a 153-162 victory against Centennial at the University of Illinois Orange Course in Savoy. Centennial's AUSTIN HUNT finished 1 stroke behind the co-champs.
– St. Thomas More rolled to a 159-208 victory against Iroquois West at Urbana Country Club behind medalist Nathaniel Khachaturian's 36 and Richard Harrington's 39.
– AUSTIN MAXWELL shot a 6-over-par 42 and finished fourth for Blue Ridge in a 164-188 loss to El Paso-Gridley at Woodlawn Country Club in Farmer City. Maxwell was 2 strokes behind the medalist.
– JORDAN DANZL and DAVID KEENAN shared medalist honors with 1-under 35s, leading Salt Fork to a 151-194 victory against Hoopeston Area at Hubbard Trail Country Club in Hoopeston. JAMES MULLEN was the low scorer for the Cornjerkers with a 45.
– NICK HUISINGA scored a 3-stroke victory with a 39, leading Monticello to a 169-174 win against Villa Grove at Monticello Golf Club. BEN HARNED led the Blue Devils with a 42.
– JAKE WARMOTH of Fisher took medalist honors with a 3-over 39, but CPCI defeated the Bunnies 189-194 in a dual meet at Railside Golf Club in Gibson City. Runner-up SHANE IRBY was the low scorer for the Timberwolves with a 43.
– BROCK MILLER shot a 34 for a 6-stroke victory, leading Arcola-Arthur to the title of a three-team meet at Norton Knolls Golf Course in Oakland. Arcola-Arthur edged runner-up Okaw Valley 172-175.
— Medalist DEVIN HEINRICHS shot a 41, leading Bismarck-Henning to a 173-227 victory against Schlarman at Harrison Park Golf Course in Danville. Schlarman’s JORDAN KING and B-H’s ANDREW BOTT tie for second with 43s.
– LISA PONDER of Tuscola won in 20:20 in a dual meet against host Sullivan-Okaw Valley. The Redskins claimed the team victory when the Warriors did not enter the minimum five runners. HANNAH ROBINSON was SOV's top finisher, third overall in 22:30.
— Monticello edged St. Joseph-Ogden 27-28 at Lodge Park in Monticello behind winner KELSEY HARDIMON (19:55) and runner-up MICHELLE MOYER (20:01). SJ-O, which had the next four finishers, was led by CHELSEA BLAASE (20:40).
– CAMERON HARVEY led a top-five parade of Sullivan-Okaw Valley runners across the finish line in a 15-46 victory against visiting Tuscola. Harvey was timed in 18:09. The Redskins, who are undefeated in four meets this season, had 16 of the top 21 finishers. Sixth-place JEFF BROCH was the top finisher for Tuscola.
— Monticello had five of the top six finishers in a 17-38 victory against St. Joseph-Ogden at Lodge Park in Monticello. STEVE SCHROEDER of the Sages finished first in 16:10 — 64 seconds ahead of runner-up and teammate LUKE ZOCHER. ZEKE ELKINS was SJ-O’s top finisher, fourth overall, in 17:39.
– The No. 2 doubles team of JENNIFER HART and MYISHA HOWARD earned Urbana's lone win in an 8-1 defeat at Morton. The Tiger duo prevailed 6-7, 6-3, 10-5.