Tuesday's prep highlights: Chargers cruise to tennis win
– Centennial swept the singles matches and got doubles wins from the tandems of ALLISON HANSEN/MARIA MEARS and ANNE McNAMARA/TAYLOR BAILEY in an 8-1 victory against Normal Community.
– LISA PONDER of Tuscola was the individual winner in 19 minutes, 47 seconds at the Unity Quad. St. Thomas More, led by runner-up THERESA WELLE, took team honors.
– SCOTT WOODARD (17:05) and DORAN WALSTEN (17:10) took the top two spots to lead Unity to victory in the Unity Quad.
– GIOVANNI VERGARA scored twice to lead Iroquois West (5-11-2) past St. Joseph-Ogden 3-1.
– Hoopeston Area/Bismarck-Henning defeated Oakwood 1-0 behind IAN PARK's goal in the second overtime. DILLON EIGHNER made 11 saves for the Cornjerkers.
– J.J. MALONE scored twice in Blue Ridge's 3-2 victory against Monticello. ELI SMITH had two goals for the Sages.
– Unity scored twice in the final 10 minutes to rally past St. Thomas More 2-1. LOGAN MOORE and ERIC WENZEL scored for the Rockets. Keeper RYAN REITMEIER made 11 saves.
– CALEB TONKINSON had four goals and ZACH MOORE added two in Mahomet-Seymour's 6-4 victory against Decatur St. Teresa.
– KRISTIN VERKLER won the 200-yard individual medley and 500-yard freestyle as Danville defeated Centennial and Urbana Uni High.
– DAVID KEENAN was medalist with a 36 in Salt Fork's 155-206 victory against Schlarman at Danville Country Club.
– TYLER TAYLOR was medalist as Monticello won the Okaw Valley Conference tournament with a 326 total.
– Monticello freshman EVELYN BRAND was medalist with a 92 in the Little Okaw tournament.
– Mahomet-Seymour (15-2) defeated St. Thomas More 178-182 at Lake of the Woods behind medalist CHARLOTTE GOSS' 41.
– Watseka's EMILY BAILEY (45) was medalist as the Warriors defeated Milford and Beecher.
– Clinton defeated Meridian 25-18, 25-11 behind five kills and four blocks from SAVANNA THOMAS.
– SARAH OPRONDEK had five kills in Prairie Central's 25-21, 25-20 loss to Eureka.
– RACHEL KELLEY's 12 kills powered Fisher to a 25-10, 24-26, 25-22 victory against LeRoy.
– TABITHA DAVIS collected 11 kills but Sullivan fell to Maroa-Forsyth 17-25, 28-26, 25-21.
– MICHAELA EICKHOFF had six aces and MAKENZIE BAKER collected nine kills and six aces in Oakwood's 25-14, 13-25, 25-11 victory against Armstrong-Potomac.
– SERENA CALHOUN had eight kills and DARRIAN CHRZANOSKI and KELSEY MORELAND each dished out six assists to spark Schlarman to a 25-15, 25-9 victory against Westville.
– EMMA CABUTTI had eight kills and BAYLEE O'DONNELL chipped in six as Mahomet-Seymour beat Pontiac 25-14, 25-19.
– LEAH HENRICKS had six kills and three blocks and Cerro Gordo got eight assists from HALEY WITTS in the Broncos' 16-25, 25-19, 27-25 victory against Arthur. JULIA COHEN had eight kills for Arthur.
– Salt Fork (16-1) defeated Milford 25-11, 25-13 behind eight kills and four blocks from HEATHER BAKER. MEGAN McCORD had six kills and 12 digs for the Storm.
– BETH KING (11 kills, five blocks), BRENNA FOUTS (20 assists, eight digs) and BAILEE DUNLAP (six kills, six aces) powered Judah Christian's 25-21, 25-20 victory against Buckley Christ Lutheran.
– KELLY WACHTEL had eight kills and LINDSAY ROGAN recorded 10 assists and three kills as Centennial topped Champaign Central 25-19, 25-14.
– KAITLYN ZELHART's 19-kill, 10-dig, five-block performance led Blue Ridge past Paxton-Buckley-Loda 25-16, 23-25, 25-21.
– Tri-County edged Heritage 25-17, 28-26 behind 22 assists from AMBER MEYER. KATHLEEN WHITE finished with 11 kills, while AUTUMN MEYER chipped in six digs and four aces.
– ERICKA DIX had seven kills and JENNY SRIKANT collected 12 assists in Urbana's 25-20, 25-14 victory against Danville.
– Rantoul fell to Olympia 15-25, 25-19, 25-22 despite eight kills from OLIVIA CARTER. PATRECE McLAIN added 16 assists and Carter chipped in five blocks.
– Fueled by JESSICA GREER's 11 kills and 16 digs, First Baptist stopped Arthur-Okaw Christian 25-22, 25-19.
– KARINA SALINAS had three aces in Arcola's 26-24, 25-16 loss to Martinsville.
– REBEKAH SEEVERS had six kills and JULIE WALSH added six digs, two blocks and two aces in Monticello's 25-23, 25-10 loss to Shelbyville.
– BRITNEY WIERMAN had six kills and three blocks to lead Atwood-Hammond to a 25-12, 25-14 victory against Villa Grove.